Winch mount and versatile trailer

Diesel_brad

Dunce
Reaction score
Just figured I would share with you guys my trailer and winch set-up.

I was having a difficult time finding a trailer to suit my needs. I needed it wide enough to fit my pulling truck on(84"). Low enough to get my 94 Lighting on(which is lowered 2" beyond stock) and strong also strong enough to take the weight of my pulling truck in the heavier classes(8k). And i must say, it does it ALL:D

It is an 06 Deande. It is considered a auto trailer but has a 10,000 GVW. Semi deck-over. Meaning the fenders are drive over style and are only 4" tall. Trailer is 20'x8.5' w torsion axles and electric brakes. It weighs in @ 3,000lbs so you can put 8k on the trailer considering you will have 1000lbs tongue weight. And it has slide out ramps that are approx 6' long. Deck height is 26". Loading height is 23"

The box is a Merritt Logger Box. Measures 30"W x 23"D x 20"T in the rear and 13"T in the front.

The winch is a Superwinch LP8500

Used some 3" Channel and (4) 3/8 bolts to secure it to the tongue. And also made a 8" channel Front Bumper rail at the front of the trailer. Some 6"x12" 1/4" flat plate for the winch mount, secured w (4) 1/2". O, and I moved the plug for the winch controller to the outside of the box so the lid will not come down and pinch the cord. I have some small LEDs coming for cargo lights inside the box. They will come on with a door switch

here are the pics
You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member