will this work?

DragRag

Reaction score
Don't see why it would not work. I want more capacity in my truck so I stole a 45 gallon rear transferflow out of one of my parts trucks before I sold it off. Now I just need to find the time to install it.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I ask because alot of websites that advertise these tanks say will only work on gas engines. They say they will not work on diesels. Anybody know why? Only thing I can think of is if they are made different if the fuel pump was in the tank.

MUDKICKR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i dont think it will work if its gavalnized. i think diesel and gavalnized metal dont get along, but i could be wrong.

RWF350

Reaction score
Your are correct on diesel and galvanized. The diesel causes the galvanizing to "sluff" off and end up in places like injection pumps or injectors (bad). Fuel pickup/sender mounts may be different?

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did not know that about galvanize and diesel. Well maybe I need to call them and ask. The description said it came with everything to extend the old sending unit.

RWF350

Reaction score
Diesel Brad could be right, but I know some older tanks were galvanized on the inside as well.

forcefed

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thanks alot. I'm going to give lmc a shout tomorrow and ask about it cause I'm needing to at least get one tank usable.