Will a baby seat fit

RedTruck

Reaction score
on the rear bench seat in an '84 extended cab?

Thanks for any help,

Paul

Double-S-Diesel

parts seller
Reaction score
in the 92 , had to put it in the front seat, wouldnt fit in the back turned backwards.
forward facing was ok though

RedTruck

Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I was hoping it would fit.

Darin,

As of current the only thing that is certain is we have the pickup. I had my fingers crossed. Momma won't drive a crew cab long box. I can get away with the extended cab long box though. LOL

Paul

tonkadoctor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks fellas. I was hoping it would fit.

Darin,

As of current the only thing that is certain is we have the pickup. I had my fingers crossed. Momma won't drive a crew cab long box. I can get away with the extended cab long box though. LOL

Paul

Mama will change her mind about not driving a crew cab after a few weeks of getting a kid in and out of a car seat in an extended cab.

RedTruck

Reaction score
I've been concerned about getting kids in and out of the back seat too. We may have to see how it goes when we get to that point. I think your right about it being a pain.

As far as the crew cab for more kids I couldn't agree more. Problem is I'm just trying to get them past the goalie right now. After two...game over. :dunno

flatlander

plays dirty when losing
Reaction score
I have a car seat in the rear of mine. I had to put a box in front of the seat because the car seat is deeper than than the rear bench. It works fine.

Just reread your post. My situation isn't bad because my critter can climb in by himeself. I can't imagine getting one of those rear facing newborn seats in.

But if there's a will there's a way.

sle2115

NRA LIFE MEMBER
Reaction score
I've been concerned about getting kids in and out of the back seat too. We may have to see how it goes when we get to that point. I think your right about it being a pain.

As far as the crew cab for more kids I couldn't agree more. Problem is I'm just trying to get them past the goalie right now. After two...game over. :dunno

Been there done that. Sold my extended cab Chevy, probably would be my favorite vehicle ever, because it was such a pain. I have owned a bunch of vehicles and really liked that truck, unfortunately, it was a bear to use the back seat. Once you can go forward facing, it isn't bad, then when they can climb in themselves it is better, but then if you are tall at all (I am 6' 1") and like to have the seat back, they will quickly run out of leg room as well because those darn seats push them so far forward.

Good luck on the goalie!

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had trouble putting a froward facing one in my breothers 95, the only way that it would sit right was to have it resting on the sub box he had sitting on the floor. I didnt like that, and it was a pain getting my daughter in and out of it. I think a smaller seat would have fit in there better, and theres no way a rear facer would fit. My crewcab is much nicer and I dont have any trouble getting kids in and out. Just my .02

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
well when we were looking for a truck i was trying to get away with an extended cab because they are much more easy to find. but when we tried to fit in a rear facing baby seat there was no way we could safly fit ours. i am sure there are different models but no dice for use. if they are a little older and can face forward it can be done though.

i don't regret waiting for a crew cab one bit, i really enjoy the room with the kids and dogs and don't have to climb around and flip seats to get the kids out. if you get a crew with a short bed it shouldent be much longer than a extended cab. it takes a couple of acres to turn my crew long bed around though.

creighta

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to ditch my 91 extend cab after a few weeks with a baby seat. I threw my shoulder out swinging my son up and in to that thing.

Buckets made it easier, though.

Cheaper Jeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get what we always called a "bucket". You know the type of carseat with the detachable base you leave in the car and carry the baby in the seat portion by its built-in handle. That should work pretty good in an extended cab.

I too got rid of my favorite vehicle of all time due to the difficulties of dealing with a rear-facing carseat. Had to sell my wife's 92 Taurus SHO (5 speed), because she couldn't wrestle our 9 month old in his bucket into its base in the backseat anymore.

With a supercab it should be fairly easy - just kneel on the front seat and swing the bucket up and over the seatback and into the base....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online