Who else is looking for a DT360?

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
HERE is a complete DT360 and Allison tranny with a good starting price. This would make a great repower for someone looking for something other than a cummins.

Heath

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texas. Local pickup only. Something for the lucky few nearby.

hesutton

The Anti-Anderson
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They'll crate it and take it to a local freight company free of charge, but the rest is a "up to you" kind of deal.

Heath

Clydesdale

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My local IH dealer said he was looking for one for me, cause I asked... I may be "done" enough with tearing this farking truck down and rebuilding it after I 6.9 it, I am done for awhile...

Co-part is a helluva place to find weird shi-ite like DT360's... there is a Mack Midliner here with a 5.5 Renault and a Dana 5552-A (read that as 7.xx:1 fgranny, and direct drive in fifth and holocaust proof strong) that sold today for like 2k.. in Mack form, it was speced right along side a 6bt first gen...

Found several DT360's, a passle of 466's, and some PSD's for nothing, and they come wrapped ina complete vehicle...

Rolled Excursions with 6.0/5r110's were going (50 and 60k odometer trucks) were going for the 3-4k mark......

Check out Co-part, all I have to say there.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
I'm starting to think about finding a truck or bus with a 466 and drop the crew cab dualie body + F600 front clip on it cookoo now I want rockwells :rolleyes:

WrickM

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there is a school bus that has been on Clist here in richmond va forever with a dt360 and allison auto. it's at 2300 now minus the scrap value of the bus itself and it's not a bad deal, and i constantly think of how awesome it would be, but alas i just don't have the expertise to do it. FRUSTRATING!

6.9poweredscout

Bleeds IH red...
Reaction score
It won't be for a bit but I'm looking for a DT466 to repower a IH pickup. Seeing as I don't even have a IH pickup yet its gonna be a while before I start that project.cookoo:D

-Jon

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice, been wondering about a 360... how much for injectors/etc? parts more available or less/equal to our idi's?

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I gotta ask an ign'ant question:
Is a DT360 much of an improvement in the power department over a turbo'd 6.9 or 7.3 IDI?