WHICH PARK BRAKE CABLES ???

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am ordering new park-brake cables; my right-side one came loose; I don't yet know if the cable broke or if it came loose from the lever within the drum.

I have narrowed my choice down between two brands.

DORMAN cost just over $18 for both cables.

WAGNER are just over $28 for both cables.

As I can only see little postage-stamp-size pictures, it is hard to see any difference in quality.

It is no better at a walk-in parts-store, as they only ever have one brand to look at and probably would have to "have it tomorrow"

For those who have had experiences with both brands OF CABLES, which of the two will be the best choice ??

Many thanks.

brokeasajoke

Reaction score
As i work for advance auto part time for 13 years i can tell you wagner is sold as a premium brand. That being said i used trutorque brand and sell them often and have had luck with them my self. We keep them in stothe wagner are. With delivered afternoon or next day. As a premium brand i dont think you would go wrong with wagner.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've not had a problem with the Dorman brand. My advice would be to take a look at both, and pick the one that looks better made to you. For a once a decade or so purchase, why squabble over a few dollars?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online