Which Moose pump?

doofussevilla

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.
Please explain why you feel 7* timing is optimal for towing.
Sorry for the late reply, Lowest egts, spools my 093 pretty fast compared to what it was. Which is good for getting your load moving, and keeping reasonable egts. I"m sure injector health, and the health of your engine comes into factor.

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is honestly why I just do my timing by ear and feel these days - with all the factors involved(worn IP/timing curve, fuel quality in the area, engine health etc), it's easier to just go straight to the endgame and just adjust it back and forth a little until it has the most power/feels best.

Especially on a worn engine, I get it to where it feels strongest from 2K-up under heavy throttle, then adjust the position of the light-load advance cam if the idle-1600RPM area feels clattery or retarded.
If you ever see gray/white/blue smoke at some point in the revs/throttle curve, you are too retarded there.
Smoke should only be black, and you should have very little except under two conditions:
1. On a NA motor, a very light haze at WOT under load is OK. Anything more is excessive.
2. On a turbo'd motor, smoke until the turbo spools is OK(but you have to watch EGTs a bit at low RPMs with heavy throttle). You should not have any smoke beyond 2200RPM after a second or two.

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hate this thread!..................................

Because I like my Bull Moose on my F250,this thread makes me wish the reman IP on my F450 wasn't working so good,so I had good reason to install another moose IP in that truck too.:D