Which Is Better? NO.2 With Treatment Or Winter Blend Diesel?

tradergem

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in Winthrop, Minnesota and we will be getting below zero Fahrenheit soon. I used to use a mix of winter blend diesel from the local station and I always added white Power Service to it. Lately I have been using just No. 2 diesel and Howes diesel treatment and anti-gel. So the question is which combination is best for below zero temps?

jwalterus

Made in America
Reaction score
I run #2 and heavy dosed PS year round generally, but do run 50-50 or P40 if it's all the station has, that still gets a heavy PS dose.

Lighter diesels pop off easier in the bitter months, if your GPs, starter, and fuel system are in top shape, it doesn't matter too much when you are using the block heater.

Luckily, my truck is plugged in anytime it's not being driven for more than an hour, at home, at work, or at the store.
I keep a 25' cold weather cord hooked to my block heater wrapped around the grill guard, up here, I have yet to hear of ANYBODY complaining when a truck is plugged in to the outlets on their light poles or building, you'll generally find trucks huddled around them in clumps. LOL

I've found my truck is a straight up B*TCH to start on treated #2 at -10 if not plugged in, I usually end up using crack in a can then, I don't need it until -20 on treated #1. ;Sweet

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online