Where to get NEW 7.3 style rockers and roller bearing lifters?

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
I want to make my 6.9 in my brown truck last as long as I can get it to. I want to install a new set of 7.3 rockers and roller bearing roller lifters.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Northen auto parts has what you want but.... You can get them from Ford Parts Online too. Thats Bob Utter Ford in Sherman Texas....

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
WOW I wasnt quite expecting $300 for them! Hmm. I know I want to convert to them but maybe I should look into getting used ones? Anybody have a nice full set for sale? And do the lifters come in pairs or do I need to buy 16 of them?

sassyrel

Reaction score
i got rebuilt lifters for my brothers truck for 4.50 apiece!!!

devildog88

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got my lifter and a set of rockers from my local ford dealer. The lifters are sold individ the rockers where in pairs i think i paid like 15 for 1 lifter and 35 for a set of rockers. I wouldnt use anything put ford parts inside the motor.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have some very nice used rockers. pm me.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it helps our trucks use the same lifters as a 6.2/6.5 GM. I hear they are the same as a PSD 7.3 but I'm not sure that this is correct or not.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
'83 6.9 lifters are prone to collapse or disintegration, and they are not the true roller bearing roller design, they have a roller bushing roller in them. They are far inferior to the newer roller bearing design.
Type 4 you have a PM.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yea me too. I know you have an 83' Sean, so if you could post some pictures of the differences that would be appreciated. I had not read of any lifter changes in any of the technical liturature I've run accross over the years.

6 Nebraska IDIs

Reaction score
Well, I will be sure to do so if I can dig up a set. Yet again this is something that the IH dealer told me. Im beginning to wonder if they're just full of it.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they're all the same, and all prone to disentegrating if run on dirty dirty oil or very low on oil. Sometimes IH has people that really know their stuff and other times people that are just full of "stuff". They are always IME friendly and professional though, gotta give 'em props for that.