Where to find o ring for fuel heater sensor

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, TCM fuse was definitely blown. Swapped it out and instant fix. Thanks again! Love this forum.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tapped the fuel heater hole and installed a brass pipe plug - I think it's 1/4 NPT but might be 3/8. The existing hole is just about the perfect size. It's thin and soft metal so you have to be careful, but it'll take enough thread to screw the plug in. I put a decent amount of #2 permetex on it and snugged the plug up good and it's worked well for a while now. No more worries about leaks there.

drinkypoo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Keep in mind there are at least two different designs for the fuel heater running around out there in the world.

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After 3 blown fuses I seem to have it figured out. I was having the infamous fuel heater leak. Found an o ring that's holding but then my TCM fuse (#22) started blowing. I realized it was happening on cold starts, not just the mornings either because my truck was sitting for 9 hours at work (which is what threw me off on the cold start problem). Disconnected the fuel heater and no problems

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you ever want a fuel filter heating element wire in the future,do this:

cut and tape up the oem wire so it can't short out.tuck it into the wire loom and leave for good.

run a 20a fuse holder off a battery into a relay.pin #30.
ground the relay pin #85
run the line out from relay to filter heating element from pin #87
to trigger the relay,find a line that gets power when the key is on (besides something like the oem line which is connected to the trans too) to pin #86
then if this line ever blows it's fuse,you just loose the filter warmer rather than trans function too.

if you never experiance fuel gelling/plugging of the filter in winter,then don't ever mess with it.if you do though,recall this thread and follow these instructions (with a good dose of DK diesel 911 in the tanks/filter) that'll get her ungelled (degelled? lol) and going again.