where to buy used alum rims and chrome bumpers

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where does a guy get used or cheap aluminum rims, and chrome or stainless bumpers. I have my 89 f-250. The chrome bumper is rusted through. I will be needing tires this fall so I was trying to find used aluminums to clean up or just cheap but good. This is a budget project, as newlyweds and parents of 2 cash is a little snug.

RLDSL

Diesel fuel abuser
Reaction score
Newlyweds on a budget..... That pretty well counts out the aluminum rims etc :kick: . How about a couple of rattle cans of flat black, now that will keep you out of the doghouse :D

---------Robert

TLBREWER

Windy B Ranch
Reaction score
Good chrome bumpers are hard to come by unless buying new. You can usually get good deals on Alcoa take-offs from 1st gen PSD's on Ebay. Try PM'ing Darrin Tosh, he has been having a good flow of parts trucks lately.

Tom

Michael Fowler

Reaction score
Have you tried your local " Automotive dismantling and recycling center" i.e. junkyard?
Here is a link to a series of such yards in the Baltimore, MD area.
http://www.crazyraysautoparts.com/price.htm
This is actually their price list; a nice feature so that you know what something will cosy before you pull it. It also means you pay one price regardless whether the part is for a common car, an exotic or a "diesel"

adam g

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm from the middle of kansas. The rattle can idea will be implemented as I build my tail gate out of square tubing and horse shoes. I will probably use a few when i cut out my rusted rear cabrocker panel out and replace it[supercab].

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker