Where is the tank selector valve?

DIESELHERB

Reaction score
Ford guys, I need a tank selector valve. Thought of using one from a dual tank Ford(salvage yard) but don't where its located on the truck. Help Please!
Thanks

poppop

Reaction score
Under the cab,driver side, in the frame.All of the fuel lines run to it and back out.

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are at least 2 styles. One style has all the ports facing front and back, horizontally, and uses rubber hose with a hose clamp. The other style has some ports horizontal, and others verticle, and takes plastic hose with O-rings and retainer clips.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
Stand on your driver's side front fuel filler access door

Now, lie down under your truck about a foot or two forward of the filler neck door.

Find the frame rail, it's tucked inside it. Just forward of the midship fuel tank, you'll may see some hard lines in the frame rail - just follow them aft, you'll find it.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
they got it covered where it is at, got one from a 93 pulled i can sell if interested

MIDNIGHT RIDER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get rid of that electric mess and install two manual valves, one return, the other draw; you will never have to replace them again.

I have a collection of various failed electric valves, some O.E.M. Ford, some aftermarket; I have been intending to gut them and see why they persist in failing, but have never had the time nor enough curiousity, so long as the manuals perform flawlessly.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i just bout the universal one and installed it. its a pain in the ass. what i did was buy new fuel line and run new fromthe side tank to the valve, that way you know which is which. its hard to determine which is front and which is rear with all those lines in there. i did get a bath in about 10 bucks worth of diesel. reason i switched it out was due to my front tank having bad reading, which is still does, so i think its either the sender or i have the new valve wired in right.. anyone have the wiring diagram for the fuel FSV?

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
i just bout the universal one and installed it. its a pain in the ass. what i did was buy new fuel line and run new fromthe side tank to the valve, that way you know which is which. its hard to determine which is front and which is rear with all those lines in there. i did get a bath in about 10 bucks worth of diesel. reason i switched it out was due to my front tank having bad reading, which is still does, so i think its either the sender or i have the new valve wired in right.. anyone have the wiring diagram for the fuel FSV?

its most likly the sender, they are wear items and expensive.

razorback

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i see the jc whitney one for a decent price. cant find them anywhere else.. would a local parts place have one? anyone have a ford part number?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ntjapkes

Members online