Where is a good place to get a pcm?

Foxx97

Reaction score
As the title states I am looking for a pcm, specifically a f5tf-bte for a 95 powerstroke. All the local parts places say their vendors no longer stock them. Trying not to break the bank but also don't want to buy from a place that is known for junk. Thanks in advance

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As the title states I am looking for a pcm, specifically a f5tf-bte for a 95 powerstroke. All the local parts places say their vendors no longer stock them. Trying not to break the bank but also don't want to buy from a place that is known for junk. Thanks in advance

what's wrong with your PCM?

What is the 4 digit box code?

There are multiple PCMs that can fit your truck going by the box code.

I'd check ebay.

Foxx97

Reaction score
I am not 100% sure the pcm is the problem yet, I'm still trying to narrow down what is. The kid I got the truck from said he fried the computer installing a chip, something about cleaning the contacts with steel wool and the batteries still being connected.
The only 4 digit code I see is sod4
Ive seen a few companies on ebay but wanted to know which ones to use and which ones to avoid if I end up needing a new pcm.

greenskeeper

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not 100% sure the pcm is the problem yet, I'm still trying to narrow down what is. The kid I got the truck from said he fried the computer installing a chip, something about cleaning the contacts with steel wool and the batteries still being connected.
The only 4 digit code I see is sod4
Ive seen a few companies on ebay but wanted to know which ones to use and which ones to avoid if I end up needing a new pcm.

Don't see how you could clean the contacts with the PCM still in the truck....

Do you get the WTS light when turning the key to "on" ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IDIBronco86

Members online