When it rains, it pours - diesel!

opusd2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:rolleyes:

Went to startup the workhorse yesterday, and as usual it had lost it's prime. I've known this for a while, and was going to replace the mechanical pump with an electric one to alleviate this issue as well as just improve the return lines and feed lines for the system. It's about time the truck deserves the attention.

Walked away to let the charging system top off the batteries, and noticed a bit of liquid pouring behind the engine on the ground. Turned the truck off and inspected the fluid to find out it is diesel. Popped the hood and the intake is swamped with the go-go juice. So being curious as to where exactly the fuel was coming from, I started up the engine and saw that 3, then 4 injectors were bubbling up from underneath and around the injector bases. So, looks like I have some work to do. Wish I didn't have to, I need the truck to do some hauling off of scrap so I can lighten the herd and work on my IDI conversion project.

So, any suggestions on good sources for parts and maybe ball park figures on the prices? I'd rather deal with fellow OB members, but at the moment I am tight with the money. Still, if it is worth doing, it's worth doing right.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
I have some spare viton o-rings leftover from my return kit I bought from Russ a while back... I can send you my spares if you want them.