Whats the most you would ever pay for a '97 1 ton psd

sethalot

Reaction score
Just as the title says, what is the most you would pay for a seemingly perfect OBS PSD. 4x4, 1 ton, 150k miles. I was looking to trade my '69 mustang for a SD diesel, guy offers me the exact truck I want except OBS. Car is worth 10k any day of the week, don't know if I can part with it on such an old albeit really nice truck.

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Depends on the work done to it. Those trucks can range anywhere from $1500 for a piece of junk to $20,000 for a piece of art. Mine, in it's current condition, will be going up for sale soon for around $8,500.

sethalot

Reaction score
Supposedly a very small amount of surface rust, new glowplugs, new injectors, some sort of chip and exhaust. I like the truck, just not the value. Not art but definitely better than average example of the year.

sethalot

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Well, growing up in central Iowa and then moving down south, I can tell you one thing; I will NEVER buy another vehicle with even a spot of rust on it. Mine is rust free and even with $3500 in parts that I've put into it, it's still worth more to me than a bigger/badder truck that's rusty.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[email protected][SUP] [?][/SUP] flag [SUP][?][/SUP] : miscategorized prohibited spam best of Posted: 2013-10-28, 10:09AM PDT
[h=2]1996 ford f350 diesel crew cab 4x4 - $1500 (orangevale)[/h] 1996 ford f350

You must be registered for see images

The truck lost power and stopped running. It has a non op but has $585+ - back registration.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

Iowa 73

FNM
Reaction score
Can't see your pics, but I would not pay over $7000 for one. Just saw a nice CCSB F-350 4x4 sell on ebay with 179,000 miles for $7900.
If you are wanting a nice SD you will have to come up with cash, because the nice 7.3 SDs are in the $11-13k range.

sethalot

Reaction score
10k was on the low end for my car. Sorry about the pictures they worked for a moment apparently; regardless I went through with the deal the first owner took really good care of the truck and kept up on maintenance. Runs and drives like a brand new truck, steering is tight with new bushing throughout the whole truck, new GP's and injectors, and a TS chip. I'm happy, thanks for the input guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent