What's My Compression Ratio

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Well... I just finished the CC work on my precup chambers. As some of you know I bought a new (yes, thats right) set of turbo heads and have been porting and polishing them. I cleaned up the precups and the heads and now the CC size on them is 21.2 accross the board. I know someone out there is a mathematician and can do some magic and tell me if I have 20 to 1 or 20 1/2 to 1 or whatever it is. I just want to know what I have. Thanks for the help.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Ok, The answers are no. My heads were bought from India thru Dieselcast Welding of Minn. New Zealand went out of business when I needed a set. The precup volume stock is 20.42 CM3. At one time I thought Huff had told me they were 20.7 CC volume but that was a long time ago. The information on new heads I got from various sources was that 3 differant countries were making these heads. Spain, India and New Zealand. Spain sent a large shipment to the U.S. but they got "lost" somewhere between here and Spain. Maybe they got here and they are being "protected" by some wise guys in on the east coast. New Zealand went bankrupt and stopped importing them so that leaves only India improting them thru several companys. Now the fun part of all this information. Dieselcast that I bought thru wouldn't sell to me because I live west of the Rockies. They told me I would have to buy from their Portland Oregon store at about $125.00 MORE PER HEAD... So lets see. Buy from a closer store and pay more just because of where I live. So, what I did was ask a member that lives in Fortwayne Ind. if I could use his address and ship them to him and then pay him what it costs to ship them to me. Sure was the answer. So I set things in motion and wanted Travis to accept $100.00 for his help. No deal. The heads went to Fortwayne and then were shipped directly to me without Travis having to do a thing. I still tried to pay him for his time but no way was the answer. He said he didn't do anything for the money so he wrote VOID all over the check and sent it back to me. Now thats a true member helping out another member. Thanks Goatboy..... So, Now you all know this never ending story about how to get what you really really want. I think Clearwater Heads in Florida sell a new head but I don't know where they import them from.