What's a top dollar IDI worth?

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
The market is what someone is willing to value it. If money were no object and it was as good as it was being described, I’d pay his asking. Paying 14k for it now and then selling it for 5-10k in several years (not factoring any appreciation in) is no worse than financing a 50k 1/2 ton now and watching it depreciate 1/3 to 1/2 in five years. I watch people at auctions spend way more money on cars they have emotional attachment to and then just have them sit in their showroom.

I have to agree. I just (yesterday) picked this up: IDIT ZF5 with 86,000 on the clock. I got it for $7k, which I thought was a little high but reasonable. It's not perfect but the engine compartment and chassis are super clean ... interior is a strong 7 out of 10, tires are "new" and has 5th wheel and goose neck plates ... as said by mu2bdriver, it's about what you're willing / can pay and how you justify it.

Jake60

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree it's what it is worth to the buyer that counts. I bought this today for $7800, 1993 F-250 7.3IDI N/A ECLB 4x4 with what appears to be a dealer dually conversion, plus paying 700 to have it shipped from Fla to NJ.

I have all kinds of reasons for wanting this. I learned to drive in my dad's '79 f-250 supercab 4x4 manual, he said if you pass your test in this I won't worry about you. I passed :D I was into cycles tho, gasser trucks never really did much for me. I have an '04 S-10 that does most truckie stuff I wanted. Then I fell in love with the diesels. I'm gettin a little old and lazy tio want to spend all day in the saddle so kinda switching my main hobby to the trucks. I already built a 6.0 with all the aftermarket goodies, it's a beast so I have no need for something like that. The bone simplicity of the IDI N/A is what really appeals to me about them. I bought a '91 CC that's my next project truck, but it's an auto RWD, nice but not exactly what I'm dreaming of, and it needs a lot of love starting with the Fred Flintstone floorboards.

I bought this because it has everything I wanted, plus the most important thing, no rust on the cab and only a little surface on the frame. Will I be able to sell it for what I paid? Irrelevant, I don't even have it in my possession yet but already can't imagine selling it. Will the dually conversion help or hurt the resale price? Same, don't care. I don't care for the big wheels on SRW trucks, but then I also don't care for the small ones. The dually is the only configuration that looks right to me with the stock wheels. Throw in the 4x4 and ZF5 and I'm sold, I won't find another like it prolly, so 7800 is fine.

And being realistic, no matter what you pay for any IDI truck, it's gonna be a long ways away from a new truck, but I don't think there's much difference in enjoyment factor.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I have to agree. I just (yesterday) picked this up: IDIT ZF5 with 86,000 on the clock. I got it for $7k, which I thought was a little high but reasonable. It's not perfect but the engine compartment and chassis are super clean ... interior is a strong 7 out of 10, tires are "new" and has 5th wheel and goose neck plates ... as said by mu2bdriver, it's about what you're willing / can pay and how you justify it.
Ah so you’re the guy that beat me to it.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah so you’re the guy that beat me to it.

I'd been looking far and wide, for a few months.

It ran great back to Denton but I only got about 11.5 MPG, running 8* MPH. Axle code: 45 I haven't looked it up yet.

I only wish that the one in Oklahoma that I was trying to buy turned out to look that nice! Of course that's why I didn't buy it.

Thank you.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd been looking far and wide, for a few months.

It ran great back to Denton but I only got about 11.5 MPG, running 8* MPH. Axle code: 45 I haven't looked it up yet.

Thank you.
I will be in lubbock this weekend if you want to meet up and put the meter on it, looked like a real sharp truck.

Kizer

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be in lubbock this weekend if you want to meet up and put the meter on it, looked like a real sharp truck.

I appreciate it, and I'd take you up on it, but I have a run to San Anton' and back Sunday.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I appreciate it, and I'd take you up on it, but I have a run to San Anton' and back Sunday.
I’ll be back in sa on Sunday, if you’re ever in sa again don’t be a stranger, I’m on the north side off i10 .

Eli

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People are selling 200-300k obs crewcab powerstrokes for 10-15k right now....just a matter of time till that inflated bs trickles down to the old trucks.

It's the idiotic PSD obsession responsible for that, I'll never understand it but it is what it is. My BIL has a mid-'90s CCSWB F-250 4X4 that I think he's got over $50K in. It isn't very pretty, and it isn't reliable, but I think he'd give up his wife and kids before that stupid truck!

Eli

ocnorb

IDIT
Reaction score
Around here emissions is required on 1997 and newer. This seems to drive the older trucks up.

Test drove a super clean 1992 extended cab a few weeks ago that had a documented reman motor and rebuilt transmission. He was asking $5700. It ran surprisingly strong, but no turbo. If it had been a crew cab I probably would have bought it.

Gr8ful

Reaction score
Last fall bought a spotless '93 E350 ambilance from a small fire dept ina high$$ suberb. It was the spare or #2 has 88,000 original miles, no rust, looked like it was 2 years old, everything works, new tires, batteries, 250 amp altenator & serpantine belt, no blowby, no stickers to deal with, front & rear heat & air. Paid $2000 not at auction either. It has a Horton body who sent me all the build sheets & extra keys to the lockers. I couldn't be happier! I wanted it for a small motorhome & it has only the one tall locker on the outside for the O2 tank & way more storage inside & the buils quality is so much better than a class B MH.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online