What would an '85 crew cab dually be worth?

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
With all this talk of money and values I got to wondering what general opinion of my trucks value is, here are the basics...

1985 crew cab dually

Second owner is me

Banks exhaust, but no turbo

Needs hood, roof, and stripe paint, but straight body

Alcoa wheels

4 speed

Good interrior, XL

200,000 miles, runs strong as an OX

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Not going to sell it, runs too well, just tried some fuel additive and it got quiet :( and plan to start producing biodiesel, but wonder what it would be worth since I got a deal on it... Oh yeah, fixed the high end power problem, clean air filter ;) the old one was black as the housing...

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I remember right, you got a smokin' deal on your truck. Work it hard and enjoy it. There's plenty of guys out there in the east coast that would pay four times what you paid for yours. Even though my '92 didn't see salted roads on a regular basis, there is still evidence that it came from a body cancer area of the country. Mel's ride is a rarity outside of Kalifornia not the norm like what we see out here.

Dsl_Dog_Treat

I lost my face to the jaws of a poodle
Reaction score
towcat said:
Mel's ride is a rarity outside of Kalifornia not the norm like what we see out here.

Ya he even keeps a blankie on her at night. cookoo
I prolly would do the same thing tho with a truck in that shape. ;Sweet :D

Napa keep a hold. Them new ones cost too much especially when it comes time for part replacement. :puke:

Value????? Priceless in my mind. :D

Last edited:

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Made the first real tow today, probably arround 6k+, the flatbed is 1400# and I think the early 70s chevy 454 powered 3/4 ton on it is close to 5K, 6 miles all up hill, no turbo, went right up without a hickup, with the exception of the one hairpin turn that was a pita ;)

rthomas

Reaction score
my buddy just picked up a 85 f350 cc srw 4x4 (d50 ifs??) for 2500, mint condition in and out, but its plain jane and the motor is getting a little weak but it still runs well just has some blowby. inspite of the tired motor it just got a brand new hypermax turbo this weekend ;Sweet

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online