What the heck is going on with my RABS?

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
For the past couple of days if I brake fairly hard, my ABS light comes on, and the rear brakes drag after I release the brake pedal. It also seems like the rear brakes are not working. I can feel the fronts working hard, but the rears not doing their job.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Get under the truck and self adjust the rears. Those slef adjusters really never have worked properly for many owners here. I adjust as park of my under the truck pm work. If the parking brake peddle sets close to the floor then the rears are way out of adjustment. Then the fronts do al the stopping and they are not designed for that. They get hot quick. Then they warp or crack the totors. Happened to me a few times till I found out that issue. A balanced braking truck is a pleasure to drive and stop.

f-two-fiddy

Reaction score
Yeah, kinda what I figured. I do adjusty the rear brakes by hand every 10-15K.

What are my options? Can I gut the RABS valve? I'd imagine that a new valve is not cheap?

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Try this: Take the plug out on the side, a small amount ofbrake fluid will come out, remove the spring there but leave the piston in, put plug back in, don't drive, now cycle the brakes 5-6 times slowly, replace spring, check brake fluid level. Take a drive, see if it done any good. No change, then maybe the sensor is going bad, or sensor wires are shorting/grounding.

:D Use that new camera, want pic's. :love: