What parts to grab for a factory turbo motor

evilplan

Reaction score
I came across a factor turbo 7.3 with 55k miles on it in great shape. Plans are to grab the complete motor from fan to flywheel. What beyond the motor do I need to grab to make this swap easy? For refrence it is getting droped into an 89 F-350 4x4, c6, dynomax manifold back exhaust, banks power pack lid, lifted on 36s. Thanks for the help guys!

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. What makes you feel this is a factory turbo engine. If you look at the block serial numbers found next to the injection pump gear cover on the top drivers side of the block... It will say 7.3 1,116,331 and above to actually be a turbo block. Then look at the oil pressure port behind the intake manifold. It has to be 1/4 inch pipe threads. Now that you may have found all this to prove thats its actually a turbo block... Now you need to see the rod pins. The non turbo pins are 28mm and the turbo pins are 33mm... So just because someone has "told" you what this is try to remember they are selling you something and usually try to "make it what you want"... There is the possibility the seller has no idea what the engine really is either. PS.. they generally only came with a turbo made by ATS but.. Anyone could buy an aftermarket ATS turbo and install it. Nobody really could tell the differance either if they used the same factory air cleaner. If you need some help with this engine I'm about 40 miles north of you and usually nothing on my calender....:angel:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online