What Online Parts Store is the Best?

6.9_Idi

6.9idi Owner
Reaction score
Hello everyone, scene I recently got a 1985 F250 6.9idi I was just wondering what online parts store you recommend for me to use?

direwulf23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock Auto is hugely popular, and generally the number one recommended.
I've use Parts Geek before with good selection/ results.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

HS108

Diesel Newb
Reaction score
Man that is a tough question, I always search around to find the best deals.

Rock auto is good, but sometimes when you start to ship a lot of items from different warehouses it adds up in $$$ That being said I have ordered well over 1000 dollars in parts from them over the years.

Advance is good with there coupons TFT30 and TFT 41 That will knock off 30% and 40 bucks off 100 or over. That will help, you can order online and pick up in store which is nice.

Or just take the part number you want and google search it, amazon can also be a good source for parts, They have the cheapest price ive seen on the CDR valve for the 7.3 right now.

Depends on a lot of factors as well, returning isnt fun with online shopping that will always be the downfall of online shopping.

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i use amazon for everything they have, napa for quality, autozone and advanced auto are lacking in quality, and about on part with ebay. I've bought tons of new parts on Ebay

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my go to is amazon.with a prime account/2 day shipping (or pay bit extra for 1 day if needed) is some handy for keeping commercially used trucks going.
of course iv used many many others but if i had to pick a best.they're mine.more times than not,i find the best deals there as well.
to put some icing on the cake,i use my amazon card for 3% off (or 3% cash back i should say).all around,they're pretty hard to beat.

oh hey,and don't forget moosepump.com for when ya wanna get serious lol.;Really
there are items sold there that you wont find on amazon.:sly

Last edited:

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oilburners has been the best spot for parts.
i have sold and bought many many items.
ive spent over $3000 through members on this site, without any issue
(except for a couple of cheap ********:D)
parts are ALWAYS what they say they are.

2nd place is fleabay.

77f250diesel

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a word of caution with buying from Amazon, they are not authorized reseller on some parts.
I purchased a new Visteon ac compressor for my Thunderbird and the front seal started leaking within a week.
When I contacted Amazon they told me I would have to deal with Visteon who told me that Amazon was not a licensed reseller and they would not honor the warranty.

be careful

Dennis

Shawn MacAnanny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have heard this too, and i've gotten Amazon to refund it past the return policy. But i have an amazon business account and place around 30 orders a month with them. If you want a part warrantied thats quality, i will reccomend Napa all day long. I did buy a water pump from Ebay that went bad a 4 or 5 months later and the seller refunded me my money.

MtnHaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't say any ONE site is the best. In my opinion you have to be careful and comparison shop/check prices at several different sites. Sometimes one place will have a lower price for the item you need but then they will try and kill ya on the shipping. It has been my experience that Amazon rarely has the best price on what I need. RockAuto is great, SummitRacing offers free shipping on orders over $100 so I sometimes use them. As with all things, your mileage may vary.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
Also, don't forget places that has "real" stores also. When I needed shocks for the truck, I wanted a set of Bilsteins. Did a lot of online shopping and found the best deal at the time was to actually VISIT my local 4 Wheel Parts Store and order them. They were the close to the same price as online, and I didn't have to pay shipping. An added plus, the incorrect shocks came in, I was able to walk back in, explain the issue, and the corrects ones were ordered, with no additional work by me.....

Waystro

No Class
Reaction score
Summit Racing is my go too for just about everything
Jegs also. And below is also where I frequently buy from

1AAuto(there a sponsor here as well)
AutoAnything
Rock Auto
Summit Racing
Jegs
Ebay
Amazon
Oilburners(best place for me ;Sweet)

I'll edit as more comes to mind.

I had had a friend say you buy too many parts you might have a problem LOL:rotflmao

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online