What makes Idi better than power stroke

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
PSD's are a pain in the ass, yet a joy to drive.
then again so are IDI's i think the only thing better about a PSD than an IDI is (if both are running correctly in stock form)
psd's are alot easier to get more power out of. all you gotta do is plug in some cheezie plastic box with computer components.

my PSD van was priced perfectly, 2 grand with bran new tires, no codes, and some body damage, that ive already purchased replacement panels for under 200 bucks!
IM a DIY kinda guy, so my stroker will never see a shop. besides my brothers paint shop.

OLDBULL8

Good Morning Ya'll.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just sit in my 92 IDI and look at the ugly dash. Then I go sit in my 99.5 PSD, look at the pretty dash. Wait, gotta wipe the tears and blow my nose. Haven't driven either for almost two years now. When your 86 it's a little hard to bend over to work on them, but still do.

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
sometimes the ugly ones satisfy you more than the pretty ones, then again the pretty ones cost more... oah are we talking about trucks/vans?
sorry got sidetracked.

92F350CC

Ford Man
Reaction score
I loved my IDI. Great truck, great engine, sounded awesome. Didn't win any races though, lol. Sold it because I needed a crew cab and the price was right on my 92 w/ 351.

But if I were in the market today, I would probably buy a PSD. I don't put enough miles on anyway to ever have the 300,000+ mile longevity be an issue.