What is this part

JustinC00

Reaction score
Hello all. Found this hanging below my truck a few days ago and traced it and disconnected it. Idk what it does or where it goes. Any ideas. Also, just tonight I went to shift my truck out of park and it about stalled. I shifted it back into park and then went into reverse no problem. Got home and it did it again from park to reverse and now wont even start. Does this have something to do with that?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    345.1 KB · Views: 30

Big Bart

Tow&Slow
Reaction score
What was it connected to, you said you traced it and disconnected it?

Your C6 does not rely on electronics but does have a neutral safety switch to prevent starting it in gear.

Once started your engine only needs power to the IP solenoid to run.

Thoughts-
1) Maybe your ignition switch or linkage to it is worn and moving the gear shifter is causing the ignition switch to move to the off position. So it kills the power to the IP soleniod and shuts the engine off.
2) Perhaps your tranny is having issues. So when you put in gear it is binding up and the engine stalls.
3) Maybe you have another wiring issue some how related to removing that wire in the picture. So something is grounding out or shorting out.

JustinC00

Reaction score
It seems like it came off the transfer case. Where there a stud in the rear that it seems to slide on I have no clue. It was just hanging down one day.

TNBrett

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If it goes to the transfer case, it’s probably for a 4x4 indicator light and not related to the stalling/ won’t start problems. I know these trucks can stall like that if the idle rpm is too low. If that’s the case, why is is idling too low suddenly? Clogged fuel filter? Maybe the IP is failing? Either one could explain the not restarting.