what does this all meen will this fix my prim problem

1989f2507.3idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quote:
Originally Posted by netmaker
From the top;

1. remove and close off fuel return line from standard fuel filter for better starting. A plug can be purchased to fit fuel line return orifice in filter housing. Should cost about $2.50

So, my return lines are leaking anyway -- are you saying if I pull 'em and plug 'em, my hard-starting problem will go away AND I'll have more power? Or am I showing my ignorance of basic diesel mechanics here (I don't know a whole lot about oil burners yet!)

Thanks!

--Finn John (90 F250 XLT/L StdCab 4x4, 4:10s, 5-spd, stock IDI 444 Int'l)

DeepRoots

Tug Engineer
Reaction score
there is a return that goes from the fuel filter to the #1 injector (that'd be the one closest to the radiator, passanger side).

yes, you can plug it. no do not plug any others.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
problem with plugging the fuel filter nipple return line, any air in the system before the injection pump will have no place else to go other than into the pump. No big deal other than the fact it will take longer for the system to clear the air out of the system.

Willie Two

Retired Firefighter
Reaction score
Find a company that will sell you the return kit as a package. It will come with all the hose, fittings and O rings. Probably a local International or Ford truck dealer will have what you need. Also Google search "injector return line kit" . this should lead you to more info. Sorry that I am up in Canada so Canadian Info won't help you alot.

subway

be nice to the admin :D
Reaction score
fix your return lines before you start with modifications to the system. especially if you can see they are weeping they are a mantianance item that need done every so often.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online