What do you guys think about this truck

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Okay so I'm thinking about buying this truck, putting some money into it and getting running good, then turning around and selling it for a profit. It says it has a bad IP and injectors, and gives you some simptoms of what is wrong with it, do you guys agree that its a bad IP/injectors?

Heres the link http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/car/345108229.html.

Diesel JD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Might be, or it could be low compression or a number of other things. But I agree, if you have 1K bucks to spend, you can make that back in parts if it goes bad...if you fix it you can make a bit of a profit.

SKimballC

Reaction score
Look at it in person and if you decide to buy it, when I get to Portland in a couple weeks, I have a spare IP and injectors I'll bring by that you can BORROW to try to diagnose the problems. I'll even help you put 'em in.;Sweet

Last edited:

FordGuy100

Reaction score
Yeah I figured it was an awsome deal.

I emailed him this morning and he said he had a guy coming to look at it, and he would get back to me if he didnt sell it. I sure hope he didnt sell it, cause I did offer him $1100 if he could wait a week or two so I can gather up the money.

I also found another one that I might call on, http://eugene.craigslist.org/car/341952363.html .

Reaction score
:dunno Keeping in mind, I a noob, but I have a little experience, allot of reading, and I have searched CL EVERY DAY for IDI and have watched what sells and what doesn't.

Those symptoms are exactly the same as the first truck I bought where its PO told me it also needed injectors. Well it ended up having a dead hole. If someone thinks I could get my $1000 back out of it in parts, I would love to do that! I personally don't see it. So I sold it to a friend for $500.

IN MY OPINION. That truck is no money maker. Besides, the real money makers don't generally sit around waiting for you to buy them. Now if you want a nice truck to drive around and use, then it is probably a descent buy depending on the work it needs. Dead hole? NO WAY is it worth $1k. Not around here.

If you KNOW it is injectors and pump, and you have some good used ones for free or cheap, and that fixes it then sure you could me make a couple hundred. But if it is because of low compression u just sunk your $.

Now on the 86 in Eugene, it seems more like an easier fix, and possibly a better profit maker, (having not seen a picture. But then you MUST ask yourself. "If it IS such a deal, why does it sit and remain for sale". Well one reason is that an NA 86 SC 4x4 is simply not worth much more than $1k, maybe up to $2k in good shape.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online