what can having different injectors do?

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i guy I work with bought a 6.2 detroit diesel. i know this isnt the area for that, but the question should apply to all IDIs..

he just put a new ip and injectors in, and he got all but one injector out. the new injectors he bought were supposidly modified to run waste oil better. so the question is...

what effect can 7 new"modified" injectors and one old injector have on the engine?

lindstromjd

Black Sheep
Reaction score
Maybe a super slight, barely-even-noticeable shake added to the normal diesel rumbling, if it even does anything. Why could he not get the last injector out? 6.2's aren't that much harder to replace the injectors than a 6.9...

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Its a Gm.. Who cares what it runs like just like the drivers of those rocks..:eek::rotflmao I'm kind of wondering why the stuck injector wont come out too. I would warm up the engine and spray some PB Blaster on that injector or some Aerokroil and let it soak in over nite. Next day do it again. Do this for 3 or 4 days letting the engine cool down with the interpenetrating lube on the part. The expanding and shrinking of the metal will draw in the oils to loosen the joint. It will easily come out. As for how its going to react with one different injector. May not even feel it or might feel a vibration like a gasser with a plug not firing as well as it should.

Kevin 007

Full-floater
Reaction score
I know this is not always the case, but I have had nothing but luck with the fuel sipping 6.2. Actually wish I still had one.

Anyways, im curious to see what makes these injectors any different from others? And where did he get them?

Agnem

Using the Force!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There really isn't anything you can do to an injector to make it run waste oil better. The issue is always coking of the tips, precup and anything else that isn't super hot. I'd be curious also as to what this claim is based on.

bagpiperjosh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, i really wasn't buying it. but i wasn't gonna argue.

There really isn't anything you can do to an injector to make it run waste oil better. The issue is always coking of the tips, precup and anything else that isn't super hot. I'd be curious also as to what this claim is based on.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
I don't think a bigger hole would help atomization much. Maybe its the thicker fluid flows better thru a bigger hole... I'm just not buying it either. I need proof...

jaluhn83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Depends on how mismatched they are. That one cylinder is probably going to have later timing and worse atomization due to the worn injector. Doubt it would really be noticeable as far as divisibility.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle

Members online