what are these

DBogo

Reaction score
ok can anyone tell me what these are it seems like they should have something to do with the trailer brakes but the its two of the same ends and that does not work with my pigtail that i have. the pig tail i have goes im between the lights so im stumped on this the ones in the back are on the drivers side of the frame above the receiver hitch and in the front they are in the drivers side area closest to the cab and i do have the brake controler in the cab

Attachments

• 100_3856 (Medium).JPG
    100_3856 (Medium).JPG
    56.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 100_3858 (Medium).JPG
    100_3858 (Medium).JPG
    57.1 KB · Views: 22
  • 100_3859 (Medium).JPG
    100_3859 (Medium).JPG
    46.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_3860 (Medium).JPG
    100_3860 (Medium).JPG
    67.3 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_3861 (Medium).JPG
    100_3861 (Medium).JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 16

jlayne

Bondo Bandito
Reaction score
thats where the flux capacitor hooks in that enables time travel :D

the ones on the back are definately your trailer light connections, the brakes shouldn't be in these connectors (i think)... should be a separtate wire

the ones on the front i can't tell by the pic

here is link to fords pigtail gide... it has pics and tells what the pigtails are for... maybe you can pick it out link its a pdf so you will need adobe

i guess the easiest way to track them might be to ask what doesn't work? there are some round plugs on some under hood gizmos like washer fluid pump, under hood light,..... and cruise control

Last edited:

DBogo

Reaction score
well the pigtail i got came off a truck and was in between the lights in the back so i think thats where it belongs and the things in the front look like the other ends of the things in the back

sassyrel

Reaction score
one of the two plugs should have a heavy yellow-and a heavy blue--dont rem the other--the yellow is trailer batt charge--the heavy blue is elec brakes--the tail lights and brake lights, ground are in the other plug--you can go to ford and get the piece that connects to those two--for about 80 clams--then youll have around 7 pin flat connector for your trailer--just clean the pins with a electrical cleaner before you attach them so the pins are clean--