What about a stick-on tank heater?

discbrks

Reaction score
I know a lot of guys are running coolant tubes thru their tanks to heat the wmo/diesel mix in an effort to reduce the viscocity. Here's my delima. I only live about 10 minutes from work. I don't think that's enough time to crank on #2, let the motor get hot, switch to the mix, then switch back to #2 a mile or so before pulling into work.
So what about one of these stick-on heaters for the rear tank?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Engi...727|39:1|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

My thought is that I can plug it in at night, wake up to a warm "mixed" fuel that will fire right up, and be on my way. I don't think it would cool down so much in my 10 minute drive to affect pumping. And I think if I add a fuel filter heater, then all the incoming fuel would be warm, the unused, but still warm fuel would flow back to the tank to help keep the tank warm.

Does that make any sense? What do you guys think? Is there any problem with warming the fuel all night long?

C

cash

I would like to know what the electric will cost for 1000watt per day?
And how well would a 12 volt in line heater work for you?
Like the one between my manual pump and my filter (that never worked at all)

Papabear

Papabear
Reaction score
DO NOT USE A STICK ON HEATER UNLESS YOU HAVE IT THERMOSTATICALY CONTROLLED OR TIMED TO START HEATING APPROX 2 HOURS BEFORE YOU INTEND ON DRIVING. OR YOU WILL HAVE A FIRED ON YOR HANDS.
I would plumb a dumby circuit and use a timed re-circ heater.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
im facing the same issue i also live only 10 or so minutes from work and i still havent got around to getting my heater system hooked up or even decided on what system im going to run

discbrks

Reaction score
Yeah, it is kinda pricey, but the guy has different ones you can get - smaller sizes. I'm just looking for a way to pre-warm the wmo do it's ready to run.

69dieselfreak

well that nice
Reaction score
Yeah, it is kinda pricey, but the guy has different ones you can get - smaller sizes. I'm just looking for a way to pre-warm the wmo do it's ready to run.

well i think this would be or only way though
i think itll work well though i just got to get together some moeny