What a day!!! starter install gone wrong!

Greenbeast6.9

grease monkey
Reaction score
nothing real major just had a hard time getting the top bold out on the starter. Got that and went to put it back in and i have to point the rear of the starter up and twards the block heater well i bumped it and it started leaking so i had to take the starter back out, tighten the block heater plug and i got it to stop leaking. then i got the starter and put it back in got it tightnend down went to start the truck, and it cranked over faster than it ever had before, and started alot quicker too.

At this point i am happy untill i hit the brake and it goes to the floor!!! i must have bumped the brakeline when i put the starter in and it was leaking! I had another hard line for the trail rig laying around and was able to use it to fix the one that broke. After i got it back on i went to bleed the line out an the driverside front burst!! :puke:

well i got it off and am waiting for the 12in peice of line so i can fix that.

Whats next to happen? Guess i will find out.

All this and just ordered my hypermax turbo friday. :rotflmao

Sorry, had to rant! :mad:

Last edited:

yARIC008

Drives really slow
Reaction score
Wow, well at least your truck is getting it all out at once. I'd be happy if i had that kind of luck :D My crap just has to slowly **** me off, lol.

beretzs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Greenbeast6.9 said:
nothing real major just had a hard time getting the top bold out on the starter. Got that and went to put it back in and i have to point the rear of the starter up and twards the block heater well i bumped it and it started leaking so i had to take the starter back out, tighten the block heater plug and i got it to stop leaking. then i got the starter and put it back in got it tightnend down went to start the truck, and it cranked over faster than it ever had before, and started alot quicker too.

At this point i am happy untill i hit the brake and it goes to the floor!!! i must have bumped the brakeline when i put the starter in and it was leaking! I had another hard line for the trail rig laying around and was able to use it to fix the one that broke. After i got it back on i went to bleed the line out an the driverside front burst!! :puke:

well i got it off and am waiting for the 12in peice of line so i can fix that.

Whats next to happen? Guess i will find out.

All this and just ordered my hypermax turbo friday. :rotflmao

Sorry, had to rant! :mad:

Don't feel too bad, over the last two weekends, I have replaced two rear axle seals, the rear brake shoes, dropped the rear fuel tank and fixed the pickup, cruise control was pieced back together, windshield washer motor? went bad and I replaced that, fixed my heater switch so the heat is not always on. And I still have to do the radiator and clutch fan.. When it rains, it REALLY poors on my truck. I didn't have to touch it hardly for over a year, then all the sudden it throws everything and the kitchen sink at me, and all this after I just got new headgaskets and headstuds.. Man.. Scotty

Pacific

Gravel Rat
Reaction score
Don't feel bad I have those days too LOL

As for changing the starter I had mine in and out so many flipping times I got pretty good at it. When I went back to wrenching on heavy equipment you have to deal with that kind of stuff all the time which tests my patients.

Like the guy I wrenched for said if your fighting it then there is something wrong and he was right. Some days at work I wanted to smack my head against the wall I would fix something then another part would break.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ajuka