Westach dual gauges?

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
About to pull the trigger on these 2" dual gauges. Anyone have any experience good or bad? Planning to modify a triple pod pillar to fit my '86 and run these.

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

http://www.westach.com/

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A good friend of mine has the pyro/boost gauge on his '04 Dodge. He's happy with it ;Sweet

I don't think I would buy it for myself, only because I would have difficulty reading it while driving down the highway...I'm a big fan of 270 degree gauges...

IDIoit

MachinistFabricator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
me no like.
but only on a preference level,.
i like individual gauges.

i did score some bad@$$ IH gauges, i have them up in the CL/egay section

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I'm with warden. But I guess actual you got a feel for what's normal, it wouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
I do prefer full sweep gauges, but unfortunately there's nowhere to put the number of gauges I want at a glance and keep the dash clean to my liking.

If this truck didn't have air conditioning I'd have room for six 2" or 4 3" gauges where the AC vents are, which is a perfect location and I've done that on other trucks. I suppose one option would be to swap to a non air conditioning cluster bezel, cut up the ducts, and relocate the driver the drive side dash vents to blow out under the dash.

sjwelds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmmm yeah those gauges are too busy for my liking...I also hear you on location and keeping the dash clean. I am a big fan of my Hypermax EGT/boost combo gauge but it wouldn't fit a pillar mount no-how.

madpogue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Visually, it would be an "acquired taste". It would probably make me cross-eyed initially, then it would eventually just click in. Nice idea wrt. use of space, it would just take some getting used to.

TahoeTom

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fit three gauges above my radio. I cut 2" ABS pipe on an angle to improve the view. I don't have AC so put the fourth gauge in place of one of the vents.

Attachments

• DSC00234.jpg
    DSC00234.jpg
    459.4 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC00161.jpg
    DSC00161.jpg
    468.6 KB · Views: 36

dunk

Dunce
Reaction score
Installed the pyro+boost and oil+coolant a while back but finally wrapped it up with voltage gauge and got the lights wired up. Got a long night drive towing ahead of me for vacation and need to be able to see the pyro.

You must be registered for see images attach

waynetrain

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the pyro+boost and oil+coolant a while back but finally wrapped it up with voltage gauge and got the lights wired up. Got a long night drive towing ahead of me for vacation and need to be able to see the pyro.

You must be registered for see images attach

ah man! nice! i really like those guages and the setup! You did a great job. Did you have to cut up the trim plate that much ?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online