West Coast Fall Get Together

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
been thinking for 2 days about posting an update. I just got a amazing side job droped in my hands at an un known time. My idi will be hauling pigeons yes lol the bird to drop sites for 2 dollars a mile. wow these people race these birds and gamble whos bird will come home fast. 2 dollars a mile on wvo is a nice extra set of cash to build my motor and for cushion for the winter. I will try and post the date tonight I have a meeting with these people. This meet will happen not on a large scale but a nice get together. Trying to plan it well. I had a date but this job got dropped in my lap and with those kinda dollars at stack 300 mile plus round trip I cant say no. But the meet will happen.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pigeon-hauling...sounds like fun ;Sweet and $2/mile sounds pretty good all things considering!

Thank you for letting us know what's going on...looking forward to further updates :angel:

Knuckledragger

blowing chunks and grabbing porcelain
Reaction score
I vote for Oct 5-6-7. I'm good for Santa Barbara (Carpinteria) or San Diego, not so interested in Glamis, since I no longer have any ATVs (4x4 still waiting for repairs). If you really want to ride, maybe Pismo Beach? At least there is something else besides sand.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I 2nd the vote for Pismo. Not as rough of a drive time for me too. sandy eggo is not a easy haul from norkal.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pismo beach it will be. let me try and dig some info if we do 2 days will some of you be looking for a motel? All find a close nice affordable one and ya i have some that will ride that will be comin with so maybe a cook out one night. And dinner somewhere the next?

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pismo beach it will be. let me try and dig some info if we do 2 days will some of you be looking for a motel? All find a close nice affordable one and ya i have some that will ride that will be comin with so maybe a cook out one night. And dinner somewhere the next?
Sounds good to me! I'm interested in a motel. The fewer cockroaches, the better :shocked: LOL

Are we going with October 5-7th, or when?

asmith

Full Access Member
Reaction score
YEAH that is twenty minutes from my house :Thumbs Up!!! i was bummed i wouldnt be able to make it since it was going to be down south, now i have no excuse! let me know if i can be of any help.

The Warden

MiB Impersonator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FWIW I just checked with my office, and I officially have the weekend of October 6th off ;Sweet I'm hoping this is still happening...

gandalf

Reaction score
Sounds good to me! I'm interested in a motel. The fewer cockroaches, the better :shocked: LOL

Are we going with October 5-7th, or when?

This doesn't look good for me. That's the weekend I leave for Maine, if I go, to visit my daughter and the grandsons. That would take priority.

Cockroaches Tim??? But you can SEE a cockroach. You should be more worried about bedbugs. You can't see them, but they're there, waiting for you.:eek: There are five reported hotels/motels in Pismo with reported bedbug problems.

Check out the The Bedbug Registry

Reaction score
I'm a maybe. It usually doesn't take much to talk the wife into a trip to that area since I went to Cal Poly (hence the 'slo' portion of my screen name) and we both love it up there. Only thing is that it's the weekend before this big Europe trip we have been planning since...........forever, lol.

FWIW, we stayed at the Oxford Suites in Pismo once and thought it was a nice place without being too pricey, so long as it is the off season.

Mike

DragRag

Reaction score
A thousand miles is nothing when your talking about Pismo. I will crash this party providing it actually happens. I'd like to try out the intercooled super truck with some new muds in the sand anyway. Airing down is key.....

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to try out my sup. also the new A/T hankooks. I will be there so who ever else comes let me kno I can pm my number if you wanna make more plans. Thanks Devon.

Devon Harley

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to try out my sup. also the new A/T hankooks.I will be airing down pretty far. I will be there so who ever else comes let me kno I can pm my number if you wanna make more plans. Thanks Devon.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait to try out my sup. also the new A/T hankooks.I will be airing down pretty far. I will be there so who ever else comes let me kno I can pm my number if you wanna make more plans. Thanks Devon.
devon-
you know that putting on one of these events is a little more than setting up a date and place.
any plans for events and/or potlucks?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent

Staff online