Went and picked it up..think i got a good deal

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
went and picked up a banks turbo setup from CL that the guy said was off of a 91 7.3. he was asking 250 and i walked away for 180!!! he said the turbo need to be rebuild but i feel no side to side play at all and no fins are damaged. take a look at what i got..i think its all there. i did notice a bracket missing and the oil feed line..also the bolts into the turbo that hold the down pipe are broken. but for 180 do you think i got a deal?

You must be registered for see images attach

fx4wannabe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea man you did good on that for sure. Even with paying for the rebuild its still a good deal in my eyes. Congrats!

FordGuy100

Reaction score
For what you got, I would have bought it as well ;Sweet

Looks like you got most of it there. As for rebuilding it, if I were you I would while its out, easier to do it now then later, and a simple rebuild is a lot cheaper than a more expensive rebuild later on.

alienturtle

Human
Reaction score
yeah..im going to pull the motor here in a couple weeks to seal the oil pan up and re do the water pump. i plan to rebuild the turbo and get it all in and done together in one swoop.

as for a rebuild kit where might i order one of those? and how do i know which turbo i have? thanks for all the help guys

FX4 Level2

NEEDS A DIESEL
Reaction score
HELL OF A DEAL alienturtle! THATS SWEET! Once you got it all together and ready for install holler at me! im pretty good a turning wrenches and i need the practice for when i get my hands on a idi!