Well that's probably not good

foresterdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed my new return line kit last Sat. In the process, some fuel from old lines runs out and pools around the front and rear passenger side glow plugs. I soak up as much as I can when cleaning up, then start truck to check for leaks, giving each injector a good close look. WTH, from passenger rear there are tiny bubbles forming around threads of glow plug, same with front passenger glow plug. Obviously, compression gasses are leaking past the threads of those two glow plugs. Of course, had these been dry, with no trace of leaked diesel there to form the bubbles I would never have learned this. The other 6 glow plugs had no leaked fuel, and I did not add any to see if they had leak by also. Probably not good. On the other hand, for the last couple years the glow plug system on this truck has worked perfectly so I hate to jinx things by messing with them.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
The threads do not seal the glow plugs. At the bottom of the plug body there is a bevel seat. Same with in the head. Ford made a tool to clean this seat out. I have it. If you want it contact me thru the pm forum. You might be able to remove the plugs and clean the threads and use anti seize on the m so they tighten up deeper in the heads. Are you the person that installed them.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Members online