Weight limit on an 86 tailgate?

pafixitman

Reaction score
A lot. It is the cables you need to worry about! :eek: :rotflmao :D

Mine broke w/ 25 sheets of 12' drywall in her! Heard the one side let go and before I got stopped, the other side snapped. Some guy in SC got my new cables when he bought my factory gate! :backoff Eric! Tweaked my 5r gate nicely! -cuss

I'm sure all of the 900 won't be on the gate.

bikepilot

Turbo IDI
Reaction score
I had a wood stove (~500lbs) plus myself (~160lbs) on my tail gate with no trouble.

The tail gate is really easy to remove - just lift off (at least on my 94) if your worried about it.

pafixitman

Reaction score
Joe Mc said:
Most of the weight will when it comes up the ramps, maybe I will just take the gate off.

Thanks.
That is your safest bet Joe. I load my JD GS-45 using the gate and have had numerious riders across it w/o issue.

Joe Mc

Reaction score
Loaded it using ramps to the tailgate today. Mower with driver getting it on the truck, owner of the repair shop drove it across the tailgate and down the ramps without getting on it, that was interesting to see.

Tailgate, cables and truck are fine. Thanks for the help...

Brickman

Reaction score
Joe Mc said:
Loaded it using ramps to the tailgate today. Mower with driver getting it on the truck, owner of the repair shop drove it across the tailgate and down the ramps without getting on it, that was interesting to see.

Tailgate, cables and truck are fine. Thanks for the help...

I used to could do that when I had one.

What shop did you take it to?

Brickman

Reaction score
OK, I didn't know many shops around Ft C.

I bought my new walker from Mac's Equipment in Loveland.

Joe Mc

Reaction score
This one belongs to a friend it just won't fit in his toyota. I think this walker came from Mac's, but **** likes the service he gets from Dan's. He usually has Dan pick it up for service. This was an unscheduled trip, someone lost a trailer lock and **** found it with his walker, we don't know all the damage yet, but they guess it broke the gearbox on the mower deck.

NapaBavarian

Dually driver 6.9
Reaction score
Joe Mc said:
This one belongs to a friend it just won't fit in his toyota. I think this walker came from Mac's, but **** likes the service he gets from Dan's. He usually has Dan pick it up for service. This was an unscheduled trip, someone lost a trailer lock and **** found it with his walker, we don't know all the damage yet, but they guess it broke the gearbox on the mower deck.

Dang! Must of ben a hellofa lock!

Joe Mc

Reaction score
It is a big lock, it slides on to the bottom of the tongue so that you can't place the trailer on a ball. The mower took a couple of big chunks out of it.

82fordtruck

Reaction score
wow - I've taken on big trees with my little rider and not had that trouble before.

I have gotten the belt so hot that it flew off and by the time I found it it still burned me pretty good.

I'm easier on my new 455- all the trees are already gone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online