Weighed the truck today

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
It’s the truck in my profile, standard cab long bed. Not much extra on it, dual tanks were topped off and spare tire in the bed

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sounds reasonable; my '92 F-250 extended cab, 4x4, zf-5 with just me and a few tools weighed ~6600lbs.
(my '88 F-250, same everything as above, weighed around 6600 as well).

So, you add ~240lbs with the extended cab.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the Sulaco is like the fat kid in the group. It is my shop service truck, so there is a tool load on it, 70 total gallons of fuel, and a Tommygate liftgate. with the overweight driver included, we're at 9900 lbs. :eek:

chillman88

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah its kinda funny because my crew cab dually weighs right around 6800. 2wd though, without the cap on.

mblaney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice truck trevtron... and I have that same winch on mine! I forget what mine weighs but I think a little closer to 7200 (with cap, winch).

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice truck trevtron... and I have that same winch on mine! I forget what mine weighs but I think a little closer to 7200 (with cap, winch).
Thanks! Hard to kill those old Warns, or trucks for that matter and had been wanting to weigh my truck for a while as I figured she was closer to 7,000lbs...guess I have more room to add an auxiliary fuel tank or a toolbox now.

batchman

Reaction score
At our town dump the truck in my sig weighed in at 6750 (still has the C6) with middling fuel load and usual traveling crap. Besides the fancy seat it has 4 aluminum wheels and a Century full-window cap, A/C and an aftermarket stereo. I've been thinking like a racer on how to shed enough weight that I can add the e4od, a slide-in camper and pin weight for the enclosed trailer and stay under 10k.

I'm hoping losing the cap, 4" drop bumper, tailgate and maybe 3 more aluminum wheels might do it. Might wind up over my GVW of 9200 but if I'm under 10k my plate is OK...

Cheers,
- Jeff

Sidewinded_idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The superduty on my trailer weighed in at 7200lbs. That’s with an empty transfer tank, and both fuel tanks at 1/4 tank. 460 gas

Trevtron

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the truth!! ^^^
They were built better (more forgiving) back then, how many new ones get that kinda mileage?

This is a little off topic but I’m sure some of you have had those experiences when fueling (and usually adding 2cycle oil or ATF to the tanks) where somebody with a newer truck notices and ends up mentioning to something to the effect that the new trucks might have impressive power, but it comes with an expensive price tag....and that they miss the simplicity and durability older 7.3’s (or Cummins).

Also, the new ones are too computer reliant for me to ever be real comfortable with them. If y’all have a mechanically sound truck then wouldn’t you expect it to run, and not get confused over a computer glitch which might make you end up dead in the water.

Thewespaul

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the truth!! ^^^
They were built better (more forgiving) back then, how many new ones get that kinda mileage?

This is a little off topic but I’m sure some of you have had those experiences when fueling (and usually adding 2cycle oil or ATF to the tanks) where somebody with a newer truck notices and ends up mentioning to something to the effect that the new trucks might have impressive power, but it comes with an expensive price tag....and that they miss the simplicity and durability older 7.3’s (or Cummins).

Also, the new ones are too computer reliant for me to ever be real comfortable with them. If y’all have a mechanically sound truck then wouldn’t you expect it to run, and not get confused over a computer glitch which might make you end up dead in the water.
Yes. You nailed it there brother!

FORDF250HDXLT

The life of an Indian is like the wings of the air
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chip truck,my F-250 weighs 8,200 lbs.
60126-8e6bc921c8f3fdb308511b77ecd2379e.jpg

Log truck,my F-450 weighs 10,400 lbs.
60127-cda4fd00d07cdd82a39df59e4cc8c5d6.jpg

When I load them.......You don't wanna know.:D I work chip truck as if she's an F-450.

SirRea63l

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s the truth!! ^^^

In addition, the cost of injectors and the injection pump is ridiculous. Sure, someone can buy cheap remans and pray they don’t destroy something, but to buy quality parts for a modern diesel cost more than most of us have in our whole truck.

I had been looking for a decent LBZ but after also looking at what parts cost, I can’t justify paying 15 grand for a truck I may have to put another 6+ grand in to be reliable. I can find 6.4 Fords under 10 grand all day but that weak turbo will cost 5-7 grand to have installed. 6.0’s are also cheap, but a gamble and also expensive to bulletproof, but it may be worth it in the 6.0, the 6.4isnt worth it.

After looking at all of them, including the Cummins it just is not worth it to me. I will keep the IDI’s running and not worry about the lack of power and love the lack of expense.

snicklas

6.0 and Loving It!!
Staff member
Reaction score
A bit of comparison.....

My 92 is in the 6000lb range.... 2wd regular cab, with some salt induced weight reduction, and front tank..... it gets 17 or so....

My 03 Excursion is almost 8000 with fuel and the normal stuff on board, my mixed commute is in the 16-17 range, and I've seen 21+ on a long interstate run, not towing.... it's a 6.0, so no dpf or def to mess with mileage.....

Also, my 07 Crown Vic gets about the same as the Excursion.......

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
I can find 6.4 Fords under 10 grand all day but that weak turbo will cost 5-7 grand to have installed. 6.0’s are also cheap, but a gamble and also expensive to bulletproof, but it may be worth it in the 6.0, the 6.4isnt worth it.

Yeah, and the 6.4 will still unexpectedly blow a piston. Lol
The turbo isn't the weak link.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance

Staff online