Water To Air Inter cooler

Black Horse

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was given a new water to air inter cooler that I would like to try and use on my bronco. I have a non gated Banks turbo and Mel has just put my Moose pump in the mail to send back to me. The cooler has a air inlet and outlet just like other inter cooler but it also has a water inlet and outlet. I'm looking for ideas were I should be getting the water from. I was thinking of having a pipe soldered into the top and bottom tanks on my rad (old bronco tanks are top and bottom tanks) but I'm not sure if there would be the pressure there to make it flow?

Any ideas?

dave186

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a truck that is supercharged that has a water to air. It uses a separate heat exchanger and electric pump. I would do something like that instead of using the hot engine coolant.

smokin69

Always smokin'
Reaction score
Buy something like a transmission cooler and a little electric pump and plumb it like that with a small reservoir, returning from the res with the cooler. The nice thing about it like that is if you want some extra performance dump some ice into the reservoir and it will drop intake temps even farther. Btw run some sort of coolant in it so it doesn't freeze and conducts heat better.