water pump or what..............

westroke

Ford stroker
Reaction score
where would I find the weep hole on the water pump?

when I was finishing the ball-joints today I seen coolent on the ground and a little leak of coolent on the block

also if I have to replace it what kind of price will I be looking at Canadian

Steve:cool

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm just guessing here Steve, but weep hole will be on bottom of pump, cost to replace is about $12.99 USD but thats like $15,000 Canaders what with the monopoly money exchange rate you guys have up there.

westroke

Ford stroker
Reaction score
last I herd the water pump was like $500 for our truck

I just did one on my sisters jeep for $45 and change
thanks to NIT over at TDS for the use of his shop and a ride to the parts store and the beer:cool

Steve:cool

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steve,

I just searched Fordparts.com for a '96 waterpump, $238.18 USD.

Heres the link to Fordparts, go check them out

Fordparts.com

Mike

Last edited:

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I answered a tech question as well, but if Steve is in the Girly section I aint goin in there, Lord knows what he's upto and I dont have a rain suit on!

Dieselmaster

Diesel addict
Reaction score
Man Steve....

What the hell... I see one minute your posting about your axle and the problems with it and then your asking about the water pump...

You having a run of bad luck with your truck recently??

I see you also weren't kidding about going back to the girly forum... youv'e been busy in there...

ThePunisher

Reaction score
The tell-tale weeping hole can't really be seen it's behind the water pump pulley .. The best thing to do is pressure check the cooling system ..If the pump is bad there will be a little antifreeze dripping from the bottom behind the puller.. I changed mine in Sept. .. It's not a really big job but it is ******* the back ..

Duke

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Get your waterpump at NAPA. I got a lifetime gauranteed pump from them for under $200 bucks.

Dale_Lakin

Reaction score
Originally posted by DezlWezl
Bob Riley at Dieselsite.com has water pumps for $177 including new gaskets, o-rings, and intake pipe. While you're there, get his coolant filter kit to protect the new pump.

Me too click here only mine is a little less expensive:D

DezlWezl

F'in broke
Reaction score
King(Soon to be god) Willie Herenton's Kingdom of
Originally posted by powerstrokeshop
Me too click here only mine is a little less expensive:D

Does your kit include all the extras(inlet pipe, gasket and heater fitting o-ring)? Just curious, hope I don't need one for a long time, but I don't mind recommending you or Bob. I've done a lot of bidness with Bob and have been extremely pleased with his customer service and products. I'll have to give you a try so I can feel confident recommending you.:D

Mike

Stroker
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DW,

Read the comments made by Ggg about Dales business practices. These kinds of reports are great to hear. I am very glad to have Dale as a sponsor at OB.net.

Originally posted by Ggg
The other day I ordered a CMP, Cup holder, and the two sound insulation panels for under the dash from Dale. I had a few questions on the cup holder. I left a message and it was returned in a timely manner. Dale and I talked a little and he seemed genuinely interested in getting my order correct the first time. It came when expected and nothing was broken. It was a pleasure doing business with him and I will recommend him to others I know. I belong to several other sites that Dale sponsors and know all about his growing pains as a business. I have seen him rectify these problems as soon as could have been expected or faster. The personal touch you give like answering all these questions is what sets you apart.
Good luck Dale

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olsen726

Members online