Waste Oil for heating

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
I thought I'd post this out of topic subject - I've gotten such good advice from folks here over time I figured you folks would be able to answer.

I have a very old piped galvanized kerosene fired heater in my turn of the century detached garage. It seems to not have been used in 50 years. I'm just wondering how this baby might work with wmo :)

I'll most likely start it up with kero here in a week or two for function testing and then try wmo unless someone warns me off it.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ive thought about this also. How does it work? I'm guessing it has a wick that soaks up the K1? I dont see WMO wicking up very well. Also gotta worry about the fumes from it, we use diesel in the salamander sometimes but it takes some tweeking to get it to run smoke free.

mankypro

Learning Slowly...
Reaction score
It has an upside down can with a screw on cap as a reservoir, this has a pressure activated spout which opens when it's put, upside down into it's cradle. The cradle is basically a basin with a wire filter at one end to feed the burder. Flow is controlled by a dial valve. The can mounts directly behind the burner so having the wmo be fluid isn't an issue.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You could always try cutting it 50/50 and see what happens. I doubt that straight oil will ignite on its own like that, but hey its worth a shot!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lance