waste hydraulic fluid?

banshee4599

Reaction score
i may have stumbled onto a supply of waste hydraulic oil and i was just checking to see if i could run it if i filter it down good and what would be the best ratio to mix it with diesel. ty

flareside_thun

Reviving The General Tao
Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Where are you at in Florida? Yes, you can burn it. I run a 50/50 mix of WMO and diesel.....but still messing with mixes.

Brad S.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good to see more waste oil users, welcome.
It kinda depends how good of filtering you do before hand. Any other "fuel" a person uses is going to have extra particles in over time will wear stuff faster, how fast:dunno
Your mix also depends on outside temps, but if you "steady as she goes" you should be okay.

Tim4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i may have stumbled onto a supply of waste hydraulic oil and i was just checking to see if i could run it if i filter it down good and what would be the best ratio to mix it with diesel. ty

My current blend is eighteen percent regular gas to eighty two percent waste hydraulic oil. I call it WHO82. If it were summer, it would be WHO90.

Blend gas with WHO. Settle three days. Drain water and/or sludge off of bottom of tank. Vacuum thru our five filter rack and drive.

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm doing a min of 50% diesel, and then the rest is 50% JetA and 50% WMO or waste hydraulic fluid. I will increase the JetA if the flow is too thick in my filtration rig.