Wanted: Banks Square Airbox

duke3478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking for an old-style Banks airbox to modify, or suggestions for something that will work in its place, with a separate intake filter. Don't want to cut up my old one.

I'm at 89011. Thanks!

duke3478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. Well, I guess I'll be willing to pay scrap price if someone has one!

duke3478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weigh that sucker and name your price, brother. I'm at 89011; slowest, cheapest shipper you can find. I don't need the lid, the lid bolts, or anything else, just the main casting.

When I sandcast my new design, the first one is yours.;Sweet

h2odrx

Anti-O
Reaction score
Weigh that sucker and name your price, brother. I'm at 89011; slowest, cheapest shipper you can find. I don't need the lid, the lid bolts, or anything else, just the main casting.

So what plans you got?

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Now THAT is cool. I looked into sandcasting my own. Got a buddy that is into it, but doesn't have his furnace going yet. I managed to do a job on mine that I'm pretty happy with, but sandcasting a custom hat would be nice.

duke3478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never done it, just looking to get something usable to replace the intake hat part of the square vault that doesn't cost an arm. Suggestions welcome.

I figure I'll saw off the filter portion, Grind it down as nicely as possible, and make a casting from that if it works. The process itself looks doable.

duke3478

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No, I hadn't, but it's the thread I've been looking for! Just started reading it, but wanted to pop over and say thanks. Looks like the ATS hat is the hardest part to find. Where did you end up getting yours? Know the part number?

TWeatherford

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought it from a member on here. They pop up from time to time. Maybe watch ebay too. I only had to wait about two weeks once I started actively looking for one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert

Members online