want more smoke what can i do?

BOWHUNTER

Reaction score
have a 97 250 5 speed all stock with a 4" pipe straight all the way
but puts out little smoke.when i get on it all i want to see is black behind me but dot have a lot of money to drop in it is there anything i can do?
thanks

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
give ryan at www.beansdieselperformance.com a call.he will set you up nice.but you wont get what youre looking for with stock injectors.a chip will give some smoke but not black out the sun like a set of stage 1s or 2s will do.make sure you get gauges first!!!!!!! at the very least you need a pyrometer!!!!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
do a chip and an 18k mod...

i see youre new here.but with a chip the 10-18k mods are useless.they also give very little smoke.the only way he will get close is with a chip and some nice programs.but stock injectors arent gonna give him what hes looking for.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
so am i rite in thinking that a new stage 1 injectors are about 1,000 dollars

around that.if you have an automatic id suggest bdp's tranny savers and a chip.give him a call he sometimes has some sweet package deals and is a very good guy to deal with.i cant say enough good about him.his customer service cant be beat.

wpfd571

Reaction score
yea that freight train smoke looks real cool, the wasted fuel and power just going out the tail pipe cookoo

st6psycho

Reaction score
i have a 99 350 with a ts 140 chip and i run a really low resistance on the ops and there is a big diff in smoke... huge diff...

st6psycho

Reaction score
and the mod cost like ... ten cents and about ten seconds to do... if that was true y would u buy a chip or double stack chips and a box

st6psycho

Reaction score
if it where my truck i would say the cheapest way to get some serious smoke would be to purchase a ts 6 pos chip... run the 18k mod u can get a ts for about 250 on ebay... and the resistors for like a dollar at radio shack
rw

BOWHUNTER

Reaction score
thanks guys
and i know that the smoke is just a big wast but its great when lill rich boys roll up in the car daddy bought them with there "music" blaring and the windows down at a stop light to leave them sitting in the coal dust

st6psycho

Reaction score
yea doing both will create alot of smoke especially on the bottom end... the 18k mod makes the truck really jumpy for a man trans... break ur neck it wants to go so bad... but it is ******* everything.. im rebuilding my oil cooler as we speak... i think the higher oil pressures has something to do with it... im trying to gget pics posted of my truck..
rw

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
but it is ******* everything.. im rebuilding my oil cooler as we speak... i think the higher oil pressures has something to do with it
rw

ok now i know you have no clue what youre talkin about.the 10-18k mods have no effect on the oil pressure to the engine.only thing it affects is the oil pressure from the high pressure oil pump.which has absolutely nothing to do with the pressure in the oil cooler.

stay away from the TS programs,you will not be happy.they are just generic programs.get a TWildman chip or dp tuner and you wont regret it!

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and the mod cost like ... ten cents and about ten seconds to do... if that was true y would u buy a chip or double stack chips and a box

we buy a chip and ditch the 10-18k mods as the chips programs bump the HPO pressures up way more than the mod does.we can have the chip call for 4000PSI of oil pressure at 1/4 throttle if we want.the mod will never do that.and will never have the ability to do it either.in the obs trucks we cant stack chips and tuners,the tuners are a waste on the 94-97 trucks.on 99-03 trucks tuners are ok but a chip is still better.on the 6.0 a chip and tuner stacked will cause a melt down if your not carefull.a friend of mine did that and it cost him 8,000.00 to have the engine replaced replaced,new turbo,and head studs.

give BDP a call.i promise you wont be disappointed.just read my signature.everything in my truck but my tranny and intercooler is from BDP and i wont buy from anyone else.

94f450sd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh and when you buy a TS chip you are stuck with thier crappy programs for life.thier chips are copyrighted now and nobody but TS can reprogram it,same with the bully dog and banks crap.all 3 of them suck.twildman an dp tuner chips are the best chips and programs you can get.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadScientist

Members online