wait to start light light won't come on on the first try

bad67ford

Reaction score
hi everyone the weirdest thing has been happening. Since it got cold out I have to cycle the key a few times to get the w.t.s. light to come on.So I thought it was the ignition switch down on the column. I replaced that still doing it.Everything is working with the lock turn the key push the rod down it cranks. Haven't been stranded yet but I have to turn the key a few times to get the glow plugs lit. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Check the ground connection for the controller, mite be dirty/loose (maybe even broken?) when this happens, if the truck is warm, will it still start right up with out the wts light coming on? Also check on the harness going to engine, the plug has two big wires that feed the glowplugs and they have a habit of melting the connector and becoming a poor connection.

bad67ford

Reaction score
ok I will check that stuff out,do you think the glow plug controller it self may be going bad?

ifrythings

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd say not to rule it out as a possibility, but check and rule out poor connections first, there the cheap and easy ones to do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker