Victor Reinz gasket help?

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got a victor reinz gasket kit today and it has cork valve cover gaskets in the kit. Dose any one know if felpro valve cover gaskets are rubber of cork?
Another thing the kit came with was rubber orings for the oil cooler. Iv used international kits on the DT466 and DT444E in the mid size international trucks and there kits have really nice orings coated with a gasket sealer. Does any one know if the international kits for these engines are the same?

idi_econoline

No Bed For Me!
Reaction score
Just got a victor reinz gasket kit today and it has cork valve cover gaskets in the kit. Dose any one know if felpro valve cover gaskets are rubber of cork?

As far as the VC gaskets, within the last year, I've used FelPro (solid rubber) and Victor Reinz (rubberized cork). At least in that limited time frame, I found the FelPros to seal better, racin460.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if the oil cooler orings are black do not use them, they will harden and leak in 20k miles. if they are green and blue they are fine.

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
None that ive found, thats why I have them on hand.
Bought a bunch of IH surplus.

cpdenton

Truck needs paint.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just bought the victor reinz seals from rock auto. They are green and black....so, are they any good? I thought VR was a good brand. Mine isn't leaking now, but I wanted to be ready when the engine swap happens.

On another note, the valve cover gaskets from fel-pro that the part # ends in an R are rubber gaskets. I replaced the rubber ones on my truck, that were dry rotted and fell apart, with the VR rubberized cork gaskets. They have sealed very well, but I did have to re-tighten them after a couple months.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
if the oil cooler orings are black do not use them, they will harden and leak in 20k miles. if they are green and blue they are fine.

Any idea if the same holds true for a 7.3 PSD?
And does the color have something to do with a better material?

typ4

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the color happens to make a difference on these. Havent tried the VR ones but if they are green and blue they should be ok.
The black ones in the kit are just buna N and wont hold the heat on the oilside.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Yes. The color of the oil cooler o-rings has everything to do with quality. Mostly you want what Russ has to sell. They are green and black and differant diameters too. Actually anything is better than the leakers you might be changing out but doing it right is the better way to do that job.. Its a doable job under the truck but a messy job. Remember everything is dropping in your face because of gravity.. I'm not really sure if the psd oil cooler o-rings fit our idi coolers. That would be nice to know. Maybe someone could ask ford parts if they are the same part number.. I used the fle pro valve cover gaskets and some rtv called ultra copper plus made by permatex 7 years ago.. No leaks yet.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Thanks, that's good to know.

I haven't sen anything saying they're the same, but haven't seen proof of them being different either. But the part number I have is different.

racin460

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I bought international oil cooler oring today $44.00 later and there standard black does anyone know we're to get the good ones? And by the way the part # 1804414C1 are the big thick ones and 1807563C1 are the thinner smaller one.

icanfixall

Official GMM hand model
Reaction score
Russs who signs on here as typ4 sells the good o-rings. Reread the posting and you will see him talking about the black and the better colored rings he sells.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alleycat

Members online