"Very rare" "Carburated Diesel"

david85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just sent an email asking for pics of the engine. Maybe I will email again asking for a pic with the air cleaner off. Wouldn't it be funny if he was to take the air cleaner off for the pic and he thought he was robbed of his carburetor :rotflmao

All right I could not resist so I emailed the following:

:rotflmao:rotflmao

BrandonMag

Dana 50 rebuilder
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I came across this ad earlier today on craigslist and seriously considered posting it up here. Glad to find someone else did. :rotflmao

plywood

Recovered N/A
Reaction score
At least you would only have to get a $35.00 carb rebuild kit instead of paying hundreds for the stinkin IP.LOL

Compu Doc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I heard back from this guy this morning through email and said he would send me pics later this evening. Below is the pic of the carburetor :rotflmao

I'm going to email him back and tell him he has a rare truck indeed. I'll also tell him that I have seen these trucks with carburetor's that were selling for 5,000 and were in horrible condition with a lot of rust. Maybe he will increase the price LOL Below is my followup email after getting the pics.

The photos were very helpful, thanks for taking them. In looking at the pic with the air cleaner off I am able to identify the carburetor as Carter.

When they made these trucks they used Carter and Rochester. The Carter was more rare than the Rochester was and the Carter was a better carburetor because it was more reliable and made 50 more horsepower than the Rochester. I've seen very few Cater equipped diesel trucks like the one you have and they were listed for sale as your is.

The trucks that I have seen like yours with the Carter were in much worse condition, full of rust and other problems like bad tires and brakes. Those owners got their asking price of $5000. I personally know of two of them so I know they were not BS'ing when they said they got 5K and at one of the two sales I was standing right their when the guy paid cash so your truck is a steal for the price.

If you were to increase the price I could fully understand and would be willing to pay up to $6000 because of the rarity and great condition. In doing a little research your truck is one of 100 made with the Carter carburetor. As a matter of fact 1988 was the only year that they had the Carter carburetor and they did not bulld them that way again because nothing went wrong with them and Ford would lose money on repair bills. It was the perfect carburetor on the diesel engine.

I'll try to call in the morning.

You must be registered for see images attach

In the image below you can see the injection pump.

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

rhkcommander

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hah awesome. will be hilarious if he uses the info you gave him on his 'carb' LOL

k_williams1982

'01 Excursion 4x4
Reaction score
Now I kick myself in the butt because I had one of those Carter carbs on all the trucks I've owed and never realized that they were that rare! :rotflmao:rotflmao:rotflmao The last one I owned even had a custom "hat" over the top and a "fan motor" that blew extra air into the carb. :sly

dansvan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You guys are jerks. Like bullys on a playground picking on a kid because they miss- spoke out of pure innocence. Shame on you.

This forum is going downhill fast.

timothyr1014

Full Access Member
Reaction score
dans right....this is going down hill quick...you are all a bunch of @$$holes..

now pass me another beer and keep the humor coming

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grizzly Wrecker

Members online