van for sale

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know how many of you have been following what's been going on with my van but I'm putting it up for sale to anyone who wants it.

At the bare MINIMUM we are talking about a set of new head, valve cover, and valley pan gaskets. It only has one fuel tank since I had to drop the rear tank dew the fact that it was rusted and probably helped the FSV to crap out. I do have a new Pollak valve that I never got around to installing since there wasn't any point due to it only having one tank now. It also has no instrument panel since basically all the gauges either didn't work or were off in some way. The speedometer was reading either 10 mph faster or slower than what my wife said she was traveling. I can't tell you how many miles it has on it since its a 5 digit odometer. There is no AC and no radio since they didn't work either. The radio DID work but I pulled it out because I couldn't hear the thing over the roar of the engine. The driver's door was pulled from another van, so it is brown and beige to the rest of the van's maroon paint job.

It does have, however, a new remanufactured IP, a new master cylinder and power booster, a new vacuum pump, new lift pump, almost all of the rubber fuel lines have been replaced so it is basically bio-ready if so inclined, new belts, the rear wheels have new shoes, new wheel cylinders and springs.

I can't part the thing out since I can't afford to ship the parts. This is a long shot but I figured I'd at least give it a try.

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to have it for sale for about a week. After that, it's going to get a salvage title and try to figure out what to do from there.

Oh, if you buy it, you pay to have it towed, for no other reason except I can't afford to. If I could, it would be in the junk yard now.

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay, I'm changing something. If you are willing to pay for shipping I will part out my van for whatever you think it is worth pulling without too much effort on my part.

It has a new starter, too.

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a few exterior pics. There are more pics in my garage.

Attachments

• exteriorvan.jpg
    exteriorvan.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 20
  • exteriorvan2.jpg
    exteriorvan2.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 20

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
heck,get the van and use the truck for parts or sell the truck and use the money to fix up the van.Full head rebuild around $300 over here.That includes $150 to do the heads(Pressure check,Valve grind,etc),150 for the head gasket and valley pan give or take a little.Also,I will start a new topic on an update on that engine from the truck formerly known as yours......found some nearly catastrophic stuff!

Freight_Train

Traitor to the brotherhood
Reaction score
DANG IT!If I wasn't looking at a 1200 give or take mechanics bill in the next week or two I would be all over it.......and be sleeping in it....I might be single but my Grandmother can be meaner than any of ya'lls wives!Yo Tim,There ya go!Might be a better vehicle than the "Diamond in the rough" turned Cubic Zarconia!..Even though I still think that F250 has plenty of potential....Just requires quite a few $$$....

jrisingmoon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It also has an RV hookup on the driver's side. The thing sticking out near the rear driver's side tire is the hookup. I haven't tried to use it so I'm not sure if it works or not. I'll give it try tomorrow and see what comes up.