vacuum on ijector pump

deadeyeb

Reaction score
vacuum on injector pump

Does anybody know if there is a vacuum hose conected from injector pump to the trans. My truck will smoke at the first to second upshift and stutter at the same time like it is missing ,but once you put your foot into it it clears and and then shifts fine. This only happens when the truck is warmed up a bit. when there is a load like towing a trailer it doesn't do this but will smoke a little when just idling along, when you would see a vacuum drop. Please help the people around here think i'm fogging the area for mosquitoes.LOL

Last edited:

LCAM-01XA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nah man, the vacuum hose thing is for the C6-equipped trucks, and even then it has nothing to do with the IP's operation. Where is your vacuum gauge hooked up, at the vacuum tree on the firewall?

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What color smoke? Have you changed your fuel filter lately? How many miles on IP and injectors?
If your seeing blackish smoke under light load I'm wondering if your FIPL swithc is adjusted corectly, If its not it could be causing the trans to stay in OD which is not good on an E4OD.

deadeyeb

Reaction score
whitish blue smoke but mostly on the first upshift then when the truck is not laboring. the upshift stutters a little bit sometimes, but the tranny shifts fine.

Ironman03R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Id start with the basics, new fuel filter, check lift pump pressure and look for leaks on the return lines. Also maybe try a good dose of Power service injector cleaner.

deadeyeb

Reaction score
what kind of pressure should i be seeing on my lift pump. why would i see smoke at low strain on the motor and not when it is working hard. could i have an injector firing early because the motor feels like is missing, or could it be the metering valve in the ip. this only happens after it warms up . thanks for any help.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online

No members online now.