Vacum Pump squeal

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I narrow it down to Vacuum pump area as i sprayed double squirt of WD40 and it was quite so am sure the bearing on its way out once the WD40 effect has been worn out now the chirping / squeal is back based on what i see on this link there is a retainer clip holding a sealed bearing that i could pull and replace ..!

Any one successfully done that
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Macrobb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also, something I learned about these vacuum pumps is that the back side of it contains oil.
Internally it's got something that looks like a cam lobe and follower - No lubrication and those parts will wear very quickly and seize solid.

So, when replacing stuff, put the new bearing in and then fill the back side of it with oil(there's a little screw on the very back of the unit).

Spun4Fun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The weird thing i just noticed as i paid more attention to it is the sound goes away completely when the truck get driven for some miles

rpm427

1994 F-350 IDI
Reaction score
Are you sure it's the pump?I had a similar deal and turned out to be the ribbed belt?I replaced it and noise went away

Hydro-idi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good idea to fill new vacuum pump with oil. They come with very little from the factory. STP is great for this application.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JFMac

Members online