USING GMC WHEEL CYLINDERS ???

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
I had a 1976 GMC that would put passengers against the windshield.........it had HYDROBOOST.:D:sly Also, I think Calvin mentioned that the 99-04 E450 van rears will swap into our rigs giving us F-Superduty capacities with 8 on 6.5 standard bolt pattern and rear disc brakes. The downside for some would be 4:30 or 4:62 ratios in those rears.

I can't imagine that a proper rear disc setup would not be better than our drums. When operating properly the drums have more square inch of friction material and better leverage but they also heat up fast and discs dissipate heat better than drums. The FSuperduties came with Hydroboost and rear discs for a reason, it performs to the point of being overkill even for a 14,500lb gross truck.

79jasper

Chickenhawk
Reaction score
Goose, that key word is propperly
Set up rear disc brakes.

You srw guys are lucky, you could swap to the van axle.
Us drw guys can't....

GOOSE

Happy IDI'er
Reaction score
From what I understand, the E450 rear is indeed a dually rear axle, I distinctly remember seeing this and thinking it was a mis-badged E350. I am talking from the 99-04 superduty era. The 450 series vans were an odd duck using standard 8 lug pattern while giving increased payload capacities, rear discs and steep axle ratios.

It left me with the impression that a srw truck would be the harder option to obtain and wondered if it would swap onto a pickup frame as I assume the E450 is cab and chassis based with 34" frame rails. Where's Towcat when you need him, lol. This is about as clear as mud right now......
Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cv axle