Urgent inner tie rod question

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
G

Does anyone know which of these bushings and what order they go in? My friend mixed up all the parts. Do I use any of the green arrow parts at all? Or just the yellow arrow grease cap.

I'm putting the magenta into the orange. See image for the color arrows.

H

H

You must be registered for see images attach

Golden Helmet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing, but it looks to me like the thick bushing goes inside the metal piece, then that assembly goes inside the rubber boot, then on to the purple tie rod. EDIT: Actually, looking at it again, the order might be metal piece on to purple tie rod, thick bushing over that, then rubber boot over that. But again, I'm just guessing, I don't know **** compared to the other guys here.

Are those tie rods for an F250 or F350 (Dana 50 or 60?). I ask because I'm using my truck with its D50 as my reference, and those tie rods looks similar to mine. Here's a pic of mine installed, maybe it'll help you

towcat

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i have yet to see the dust boot sucessfuly used with the poly stabilizer in green. if it was my job, i'd prefit by putting the green boot on, washer and the poly. see how it goes. if it don't look right, pull off the green and go with the washer and the poly.

nostrokes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm color blind but here's my shot... Washer first lip side down I believe, bushing then boot.

genscripter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the E250 clubwagon.

I ended up putting the bushing first, then the metal washer (lip side down), then put the boot on that. It seems to look and operate ok. I'll drive it for a while and see if it holds up..