updates (junk yard scores and new truck)

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
I scored a saginaw pump and bracket from an idi van.
double power steering pump pulley for a regular pump.
I now own 3 banks power pack lids

Now the new truck....
1993 f-350 with an 83 6.9, 4 speed, 4x4 dually crew cab with hauler bed. It has adaptors on the axles to make it a dually. Red interior( favorite part). 4.10 gears with limited slip rear sterling 10.25 rear and Dana 60 front.

Let the hate mail begin :D

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
High five. Good to have another red interior fan out there too haha. Also jealous of the good finds. Jersey salvage yards are terrible :(

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
With the gf mia for 5 weeks I've been yarding alot more. :) Saturday that changes:( just getting use to being free again LOL

Danielle

No, it's not finished
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just asked my husband if he would go junk yard window shopping with me and he shot me down haha. I guess there can only be one in a family. I hope my kid likes cars.

Adamlee

Kung Pao Master
Reaction score
I love to go junk yard scrounging. Its one of my happy places. :)

plus 1, I hear that!

I had the first chance in many moons to get out and do some parts scrounging yesterday. What a blast! Brought back good memories of pickin' for parts in the "old days" which for me, would have been starting in the '70s with my dad.

Walked out with a '95 Brand X K1500 steering column on my shoulder, driver's windshield visor in my tool bucket for my wife's '99 VW Beetle, and a big grin on my face. Now, my wife's happy to have her busted flip-down vanity mirror working on her visor; and my buddy's glad to have me help him put his landscape work truck back on the road for him.

I tell ya, for some of us in this world - especially those of us who once worked in "the trades" but no longer do - a day wrenching on a burned-out junkyard wreck can be a beautiful thing.

I think all of us who are here and appreciate taking stuff apart, tweaking it the way we want it, and putting it back together have that same good feeling.

And when it doesn't all go right the way you want it? I've learned over the decades an important thing: it is still infinitely more satisfying to spend time trying to fix something and have to go back to square one and try it again than it is to spend ANY time in an office. Just my 2 cents!

Take care
Adam

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ll since it's Junkyard scores we are talkin bout...LOL the yard I worked for last year n got canned from has since reinvented it's self as a U pick yard so I went in and picked a convertable top for the wife! The top has a big gash in it but I did not want that part, I wanted all the padding that goes under the main roof vinyl as we have new roof vinyl. I Managed to get the entire roof mechanism as well, I also needed the rear glass she has none (broke..don't ask me how) and while I was at it I grabbed a **** load of trim and the hydraulic cylinders and motor for the top too...all for 79 bucks plus taxes! worked out to bout 90 bucks!

Im gonna go n check on a super duty for a MC/slave clutch line see if it is plastic or metal! Hell may just get a whole package! It has a 460 ZF in it too..hmmm......

CaptTom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a bucket lift on an old Chebbie I've been eye balling. Trucks been there forever. Hydraulic hoses are shot.... but man! Put a hook on the end of that and it's rated to 2500lbs....... might need to find flatbed, sure would make handling keels a lot easier!

Hanging Christmas lights would be a cinch too!

riotwarrior

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I scored a saginaw pump and bracket from an idi van.
double power steering pump pulley for a regular pump.
I now own 3 banks power pack lids

Now the new truck....
1993 f-350 with an 83 6.9, 4 speed, 4x4 dually crew cab with hauler bed. It has adaptors on the axles to make it a dually. Red interior( favorite part). 4.10 gears with limited slip rear sterling 10.25 rear and Dana 60 front.

Let the hate mail begin :D

Any chance of another saginaw serp bracket there? If so how much????????

86f2fiddy

Reaction score
Don't forget about the coffee can of injectors that were given to you...;Sweet

91idi

Fiberglass *****
Reaction score
Oh yeah 13 injectors for helping a friend out. LOL Just think all the cool stuff I now have and more I could find but Saturday night the gf returns

86f2fiddy

Reaction score
Crazy what you can accomplish without them around! I've gotten quite a bit done lately. lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RangerDanger

Members online