Update: 88 Bronco dually diesel.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Yeah, I like the old school powerking look, the 24.5's make it look like a blown up toy. BUT, if you like it that's all that matters!! Thats what makes the world go round. At least you've got the best drivetrain-thats what matters!!

Those powerkings were the worst f'n tires iv ever had in my life. Even the brand new one ended up bulging and losing large fist size chunks of tread after only a couple months

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Very unique as said. I don't mean to come across as a *****, but after all the work to mount the alcoa's, why not polish them up a little bit before booting them on? Would really set them off.

Only the outers are alum. And they came off the tandems of a rig so only the dish is polished on them, The fronts are raw and i dont have the means to polish them correctly. It will happen eventually. For now its better to leave them dirty so they match.

Last edited:

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
wow that looks like one of those dubs matchbox cars did a diesel bronco. the crap you try keeps me amazed keep going though looks good (as good as a dully bronco will look)
whats next a cent conversion?

Nope its gonna stay 2 door. Next, eventually is to trash the body lift for 8" susp. Paintand body. And going to raise the rear hatch 6-8in and incorperate some vista windows like an old KW. fab up some bumpers, redo interior, 99 powerstroke zf6 swap, floats in the front and closed shoulder lugs all the way around.

Last edited:

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Looks like ya added the trailer tow mirrors so you can see around the stacks!

I just don't know,..I am kinda liking it,..I can see where your going with it,.then I kinda threw up in my mouth a little..

Na, i could see aroumd the stacks fine i just like this set up better

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
Not me man! I love it just the way you have it. Hell yes it looks like a big R/C toy. Why not? There's a reason people draw cartoons the way they do. Because they are impossible to create for real. Well you have done it my friend, and while it's totally impractical and would never turn a wheel in PA, I commend you for your creativity and idealistic binge. ;Sweet

:hail :hail :hail

Whats impractical about a 17-18mpg on FREE fuel and at least 150k mile capeable tires?

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
I like Broncos. But for some reason it reminds me of the tractors in the "Cars" movie. I'm expecting it to tip over backwards and stand on it's tailgate!:D

Before the 24.5s it would wheel stand bout 6" and almost lift them side steppin into 2nd

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
It does look like a toy, and my 7 year old loves it.

I wonder how he put the dually fenders on?:D

It wasnt easy. I cut the bronco fender out and spliced in the sheetmetal from a donor ff350 bed so that the seam was hidden behind the fender. So no bodywork :) only had .5"in margin so it wasnt easy.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
some would say there "hacked" on there, but i bet there the conversion ones, or maybe not they look factory. could it be a factory dually bronco cause it doesnt look hacked to me, but then again i must not know my "****" :rotflmao

Nope they are factory ford 86 fenders mounted the same way they are on an f350 thanks to a 95 f350 donor bed. See previous post

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
the thing looks like a toy to me as well, and its really different, but i like it. i really do. not one to say i like it when i dont. i would change the dually fenders to the correct year though, that way the body line around the wheelwell would match.

You and me both. Couldnt find any that werent crazy expensive. These are not in the best condition either but they went on untill i can get some correct ones. Plus they are the same color. And thats why i dint put alot of effort into copeing them around the stacks. The whole conversion took place in one day along with a tranny swap the day before i made the trip to mississippi with it for work this past summer.

dslbroncotom

Diesel Bronco Tom
Reaction score
It kinda reminds me of the cow tractors in the pixar movie Cars. It'd be a little more proportionate as a 4 door but it is different from every body elses rig and that's what's cool about it. On a side not I wonder how super singles would look up front.

Thats still the plan, eventually there will be a set of "floats" on the front. Have to raise it more to clear the frame tho for turning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
placidoert